Thread: Playing CCG games in TTS

Playing CCG games in TTS

So I have started to look at CCG games in TTS and was wondering how you would actually play them. Most CCG games use a common mechanism where you play cards as attachments to other cards. In the real world this is usually signified by placing the "attached" card under the main card or on top of the main card but only covering part of it...

These are three of the most common ways people place the attached card (red) to the main card (black)

The problem is that in TTS there is a automatic snap to links cards dropped near each other into a deck. You can tap the card sideways and this will not happen but in all the above cases the cards just snap together.

How do you guy get around this in TTS?
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Pressing L to lock the bottom card, will stop them snapping together and forming a deck.

But I don't know about CCg's in general to say if this solution is suitable for this situation. . . Do stacked cards like this need to be moved around much ?

You can simply set a grid for the table that is larger than the "snap into a deck" distance as well.Your middle image example I don't think that it would snap into a deck, for example.

The radius for it to snap into a deck is fairly close, but it does vary. Having cards snap to a grid though, once you work out your minimum grid size, should prevent any accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Do stacked cards like this need to be moved around much ?
    quite a lot actually. Most of these games have a system where you move them forard to signify they are attacking, and many others use "taping" to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    The radius for it to snap into a deck is fairly close, but it does vary. Having cards snap to a grid though, once you work out your minimum grid size, should prevent any accidents.
    not exactly sure what you mean.. but I'll look into it.

Your basically saying that the grid will move the cards outside of ther normal snap point where they stick together... do you happen to know any games that use this idea I could check out?

@Stump...

Actually that solution is pretty good.