Thread: Textures not loading properly on Mac

Textures not loading properly on Mac

Hello, recently bought tabletop simulator on steam and paid for the DLC of Scythe but when i press a button to activate the player in that seat some of the texture are messed up.

Anyone have a fix for this? i have reset mac and verified game files in steam but still no joy.

http://imgur.com/EmX5jCc

Does anyone from Berserk actually look at these bug reports? or is this just community? will be contacting steam for a refund on both purchases in the coming days unless i hear something of use.

We're not sure what's going on with that not working for Mac, but we're looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

As you can see the devs do look and respond, but sometimes it might not be right away. They are still a small team, so they can't always get to things right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    We're not sure what's going on with that not working for Mac, but we're looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.
    Any news? I would really like to be able to play this.

The problem is Brewsta, there has not been any other reports of this happening since you brought it to light, which makes it difficult to get to the root cause I'm afraid.

Searching around a bit some other games that run on Unity5 have flagged occasional Texture problems on some OSX machines.
    What are your full system spec's ?

and also try some of the following.

1, Turn off threading
    2, Reduce the graphical setting down to there minimum.

and see what happens.
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 03-11-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    The problem is Brewsta, there has not been any other reports of this happening since you brought it to light, which makes it difficult to get to the root cause I'm afraid.

Searching around a bit some other games that run on Unity5 have flagged occasional Texture problems on some OSX machines.
    What are your full system spec's ?

and also try some of the following.

1, Turn off threading
    2, Reduce the graphical setting down to there minimum.

and see what happens.
    I understand and was not expecting a "this will fix it reply" as i had already researched as much as i could before i posted the original post but i was hoping for "try this or this and maybe its doing the same as with this bug" type reply.

Specs are linked here https://support.apple.com/kb/sp699?locale=en_US

i tried both turning off threading and reducing the graphical settings all the way down before i posted, i looked around a lot before posted here as i can usually find fixes for most bugs.

Everything else i have tried on TTS has worked fine just this DLC thats playing up.

Thanks for your reply Lucky Seven

The Scythe Update is one of the first to directly make full use of the new Assetbundle system so is created using Unity5's Standard Shader

This means unlike the earlier version of Scythe this one uses Materials often made up of Multiple elements. It seems looking at you initial images of the problem your machine is not properly rendering elements that use either a "Fade" or "Transparent" setting or have textures placed in the secondary texture slot Of a material made with this Standard Shader.

Which version of OS X Mavericks are you currently running . . . .10.9.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    The Scythe Update is one of the first to directly make full use of the new Assetbundle system so is created using Unity5's Standard Shader

This means unlike the earlier version of Scythe this one uses Materials often made up of Multiple elements. It seems looking at you initial images of the problem your machine is not properly rendering elements that use either a "Fade" or "Transparent" setting or have textures placed in the secondary texture slot Of a material made with this Standard Shader.

Which version of OS X Mavericks are you currently running . . . .10.9.5 ?
    I am running the latest OS Sierra 10.12.3

Thanks for trying to help with this

We finally got this all figured out and this has been fixed in a hotfix we just released today. Please restart Steam to ensure you have the update. Thanks for your patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    We finally got this all figured out and this has been fixed in a hotfix we just released today. Please restart Steam to ensure you have the update. Thanks for your patience!

Nice!, Thankyou