Thread: [v9.1] Let States have a linked scale.

Post [v9.1] Let States have a linked scale.

There's countless times where I want to be able to scale for example, a rule book, but I am not able to as when I turn the page the next page is still it's previous scale. It would be nice if there was a way to only have to scale one or the other and have all the other states follow with their relative scales to each other.

I agree with this. I do however see a complication with the following: what happens when you change an object to a state that's much bigger and would collide with nearby stuff the previous state wasn't colliding with? I think there's definitely a solution to this (like turning off collision until picked up) but it takes extra work

I agree with this too. About what Unreal_Ed said, I think that has to be managed by the player. It would be no less annoying than working on a large custom board and accidentially unlocking it when trying to place scenery.

I agree, there should at least be some kind of option to easily resize all items if needed.

In my own opinion, states could see several improvements all around; especially to lua customization. For example, I want to remove the ability for players to change states so that scripts only have control. I'd also like to be able to remove/obfuscate the information on created states from showing details (such as item amount and the little blue state icon). If these things can already be done, then I'm simply unaware of it at this time.

Btw Mark; thanks for replying on my suggestion post, I took yours and others opinion by trying some scripting to achieve the affect. Other than having a "this state id does not exist" issue after using obj:getState(), the card seems to flip and change states as it should. Not to hijack your thread, as I've already said too much off topic, but if you know how to fix that error, please let me know... If you don't mind taking another look at my thread, I updated info to include what I've tried.

Again, thanks for the help, and hopefully this (resizing states) as well as many other state related features are eventually added.

~Hiram

I'd also like to be able to remove/obfuscate the information on created states from showing details (such as item amount and the little blue state icon). If these things can already be done, then I'm simply unaware of it at this time.
    If you go into the contextual menu for each of the states and uncheck the "Tooltips" check box in the toggle section you will hide this pop up indicator of the current state number/total.
    the downside is this also hides the Name/Description text as well.

Thanks for the info Lucky seven; its a shame we can't use just a name and or description, but I guess it is what it is... maybe in future updates..

Just wanted to update that, this feature has just recently been added to the game with update version 9.1 on 4/28/2017.

A big thanks to the developers, much appreciated.