Thread: Xia needs some snaps added!!

Xia needs some snaps added!!

There is a annoying problem with the Xia DLC... strange as so much effort when into it... I think it needs some snaps added.

Basically it seams impossible to align the universe tiles correctly. You naturally want to place the 1st tile in the exact centre (over the planet) I am pretty sure 99% of people will do that and the rules do say "in the centre " but once you do that there is no way to align the tiles with out turning off snapping in the options.

Problem is in my test I can not get snaps to work on the table.. maybe it is a problem with unity assets?

Also the provided grid dosn't even match the tiles, even if you snap them to the gird.

The only option is to play with out any snapping, which makes it a real pain to add tiles once they are coming out as it is hard to get it in the correct position if you can not "slide" it in.

I would recommend adding snaps all over the table, and then adding snaps all over the tiles themselves.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

That's rather at odds with what I'm seeing. The Hex grid Should be a perfect match to the System tiles. just open up your grid settings in the options and make the Grid visible to see how it lines up.

Its possible your grid has been knocked out of whack somehow whilst you were playing.

Swathe's of snap points on your table should generally avoided if you can help it as they really bloat out your .Json and its easy to accumulate a big pile of them to mimic the action of the Grid setting.

hmmm... I think your right. I guess the host of the game I was playing futzed with the grid for some reason... I did a test as well on my copy and it was all strange but just did another and it worked fine.. odd..

Mark this solved!! hehe
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables