Thread: Why are the ships not "painted"?

Why are the ships not "painted"?

It is also really odd that the ships are not painted.. I mean really strange. Are they supposed to be and I have some kind of error?
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Single colour makes them clearly identifiable from a distance. Plus to create painted versions from scratch is a solid months work easily on that number of ships. Makes much more sense to keep this element simple in this situation.

hmm. .I disagree. The models just need solid colour with some scruff on them.. wouldn't take 1/10 the time it takes to make the 3D file itself.... strange choice. As for being easier to see... again.. I disagree. They are easy to see, but look terrible. They would still be easy to see, as they are standing up.

What should have been done imo.. would be to make them coloured and then (like in the real game) have a colour identifier on the base.

Still, can't have everything. I just assumed there was some kind of error with my version as it looks so bad.. oh well : (

wouldn't take 1/10 the time it takes to make the 3D file itself
    I think Some explanation of where these models come from is in order so you better understand the situation.

Those 3D models are supplied by the Publisher. These are the STL files they send to the Manufacturer to make the Steel moulds they use for the injection moulding process and are not put together in a manor suitable for a straight import. There are 21 different ships to process down to a workable size to then have to unwrap each and hand paint them is I respectfully submit a considerably greater undertaking than your giving credit to.

meh... not true

If I made a mod for the workshop that replaced these with textured ones.. would that be ok? (assuming I can unpack and pack the asset bundles)

Sorry you disagree Tragic, but a lot of work goes into the DLCs way beyond the physical game and adding in extra unnecessary time is not possible when there is a lot of work to be done.

But as TTS is a sandbox, that's what the mods are for - so yes! Please do create a mod of your own ship assets that others can use if they so desire and just mark what it's for. That's the great thing about TTS, if you don't like something, you can create your own!