Thread: Since new update I can't upload mods

Since new update I can't upload mods

Since new update I can't upload mods. I can update mods, but when I try to upload a new one it says "Starting to upload" then just ignores the command...never says "Uploaded Successfully" nor gives me the ID code number. I've tested it with several types of mods (graphics, cards, etc.), I even used my laptop with steam to try and upload a mod...no success. Anyone have a thought?

What is your OS?
    What is the link to your Steam ID?
    Have you tried verifying the game cache?
    Is this only problem you've been having with the update?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMark56 View Post
    Since new update I can't upload mods. I can update mods, but when I try to upload a new one it says "Starting to upload" then just ignores the command...never says "Uploaded Successfully" nor gives me the ID code number. I've tested it with several types of mods (graphics, cards, etc.), I even used my laptop with steam to try and upload a mod...no success. Anyone have a thought?
    Thanks for replying so quickly Kimiko,
    my OS is Windows 10 Pro
    my link to Steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007390873/
    I have verified the cache
    No other problems noted with update

Hmm this is an odd one as I haven't heard anyone else having this problem (yet). I tested out uploading as well as updating a mod and both worked just fine for me.

How long did you wait for the "Starting to upload" to finish?

You have a lot of mods so I can't really see why it would just start doing this.. Can you do me a favor and in Steam, hover over your name and click on CONTENT. Then choose the Workshop Items tab. Do you see any of the mods you tried to upload but aren't successfully going through?

I just tried to upload and I waited over 20 min...just to see! Nothing after 'starting to upload'. And no, nothing of any new mods shows up under content.

Well darn.

Have you tested out uploading a mod to another game? Just want to see if it's related or not.

How much space do you have left in your Steam Cloud? I can't imagine you used up all 100 gigs haha, but just wondering if the Cloud has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Well darn.

Have you tested out uploading a mod to another game? Just want to see if it's related or not.

How much space do you have left in your Steam Cloud? I can't imagine you used up all 100 gigs haha, but just wondering if the Cloud has something to do with it.
    I have many games that allow user modifications, I'm having no issues with any but TTS. If you mean within TTS I've tried to upload many different mods, just to test this problem. I can UPDATE my mods! That seems incongruous. Lots of space on the Steam cloud ...I mostly use IMGUR for my game graphics with no problems. I do have a new issue with game graphics though. Since my last post, I've noted that in several saved games and projects that heretofore have been perfect, now aren't showing up right...they look fine up close but as you pull the view out they are jumbled versions of the graphic. All previously worked fine! If I overwrite to save the file, about half the graphics come up with this problem. All are .jpg not .png files that used to cause problems. Nothing new.
    Even though Steam says my file cache is good, would it be of any use to save the TTS files and reinstall the program? Would the files I save "taint" the new install? Just grasping at straws!

Since my last post I reinstalled the program, and was able to upload a test mod one time successfully. Then when I tried to upload another, the program reverted to the recent behavior of appearing to start the upload then never finishes it as I've stated before.

I am having this issue as well. W7 64 bit also only since the new update. Reinstalled/restart to no avail.

@MadMark56 @Kimiko

I have confirmed on my end that workshop uploads work when the thumbnail is not hosted in steam cloud. they do not work when the thumbnail is hosted in steam cloud even when the asset upload is successful or using an existing link
    Last edited by gr3yh47; 05-08-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: more specific info

We're still looking into this as it's really weird.

Try doing what they have been doing in this thread. So far everyone I know whose tried it said it's worked for them.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160...5115063715014/

Hi Kimiko,
    Nice try, the upload of the blank table worked perfectly. I got the code...but again when I tried to update it using the code...it hangs just after displaying uploading message. It seems strange that I can upload a blank table, but not one with a mod on it...shouldn't that give a clue as to the problem?

I wish I could say it does, but we can't reproduce the issue on our end at all, so we're trying to get as much info as possible. Sorry that didn't work for you though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    I wish I could say it does, but we can't reproduce the issue on our end at all, so we're trying to get as much info as possible. Sorry that didn't work for you though :/
    Hey Kimiko,
    Some good news...after several tries, and restarts, I managed to upload two mods tonight using the 'update a blank table' method. Whoo hoo!
    Not really a fix , but a usable work-around.