Thread: Assets not fully loading when joining a server

Assets not fully loading when joining a server

Hi, This issue is happening to a friend who I have been trying to play some games with. The issue is whether he or I host, his assets will never 100% load. They will get stuck anywhere from 95-99%. It's also causing his CPU to spike to 99% load with a multicore processor. We have tried many things from reinstalling, to verifying, to disabling AV, and a few others. Any suggestions?

Probably the mod assets are extremely large and need need to be resized. TTS has an issue if you don't load the assets fast enough a timeout occurs and never loads. There is no reason to have assets that are full quality; 50 megs in a deck asset is useless when you can compress them to <1 meg for the same amount of detail (a different file type might help as well).

Flo

It's happening on games that are pretty light as well. Weird thing is, Xia loads fine. so i'm not sure.

Do they have threading enabled in the configuration menu ?

If so try and disable it and see if that makes any difference.

Also what are there system spec's

i know for a fact he's tried disabling threading/mod caching in different combinations. Specs: i7 4770k 16gb gtx 970. Specs shouldnt be an issue at all either seeing as he can run high end games on ultra settings without issue.

Have they tried verifying the game on Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    Have they tried verifying the game on Steam?
    As stated in the original post: Verify, reinstall, disable AV, open ports, turn graphics down, disable cache/threading, re-enabled one at a time in different combos. Tried a bunch of things that we could think of. It's getting annoying because he's the only one having this issue out of 4 of us.

Have you tried any of the DLC's with this person ? these are unity3d files and I wonder if the same issue presents itself as it does with Mods.

EDIT: derp... you did mention xia didn't you

Xia is almost entirely made from assetbundles barring the cards and dice. I wonder if that's why that one loads

It could also be a firewall issue downloading the file from the internet, if you can load the DLCs. Try giving your friend your modding files in Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods, which will have all your files cached there.

I'll have him try and turn it off completely and see if that works. But it still wouldn't make sense that 1-2 assets are being blocked in multiple mods

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    It could also be a firewall issue downloading the file from the internet, if you can load the DLCs. Try giving your friend your modding files in Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods, which will have all your files cached there.
    How would I know which files to give him? my folder is 10gb + lol. Not sure that would work. If he lived close by i could just give him a drive with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0rPi0n View Post
    How would I know which files to give him? my folder is 10gb + lol. Not sure that would work. If he lived close by i could just give him a drive with it all.
    Wow you have quite collection, you could use one of the TTS mod backup tools to package up a specific save file.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...od-Backup-tool