Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What would you like to see?

What would you like to see?

Not sure if this is possible, but...

As someone who likes to create custom decks, I would really like it if the game could check if a new mod has been updated or not. If a custom object has not been updated, then it will load from the mods folder. If not, then it should proceed to download the new mod. Sometimes I'll create a deck and then try to play with friends, only to find out I've made an error and need to modify the deck a bit. But they've already downloaded the old file, and I have to tell them to go to their mods folder to find the image and delete it so that they can get the new one, otherwise the game will just pull the cached file. I have my own webhost that I link to, so I use the same file names to lessen confusion (also so my friends don't end up with 10 variations of the same deck). So this is more of a problem for me than people who use something like imgur and constantly get new URLs for updated decks.

What you can do to make it a bit less painless is in the settings menu you can turn off mod caching when you wish to refresh the download.

It's tricky finding out whether an image has been updated on the server, but it might be possible in the future.

Would be nice too if items (images, models etc) in the Mod's sub-folders didn't have randomized file names but rather were named is such a way to be easily identifiable as to which mod they belong too.

Since I'm new to the forum I'm just posting one of the ideas I have for now, which is Turning multiple objects at the same time.
    Turning multiple objects at the same time makes them rotate individually and not as a group, which means the order of the cards would change when turning them e.g. 90°. Is it possible to make a seperate key to keep pressed to make them turn as a group around a single point?
    This could also be solved by making objects snap or fixed on another object they are placed on (e.g. like a seperate, bigger card underneath which gets turned) or making them groupable to make a single virtual "object" out of it. So far if the object underneath something gets moved things placed on top get tumbled around (as they should with the physics) and fixing them will fix them globally.

As an example of what the feature could be used for, I am thinking of a turnable board on top of a base board, repositioning the players that are on the turnable board.

Some suggestions for things I would find quite useful:

1. A keyboard/controller shortcut to rotate a card by 90°. This would be useful in card-games which use «tapping», such as Magic the Gathering and the likes, where card orientation indicates a gameplay state.

This shortcut would most usefully be available when multiple objects are selected. E.g. in Magic, you untap all your cards when your round begins.

2. A 2D-window UI element for arbitrary counters associated with players, and increment/decrement buttons. While dice can function as counters, their use is somewhat limited and you don’t have a quick glance of them. The dedicated counter UI could produce a notification sound when scores are changed, so that everyone is on the same page when scores are adjusted.

3. The notion of ownership associated with numeric tokens, such as poker chips. E.g., by pulling poker chips into a player’s hidden area, these are associated with the player, and the sum of the chips values is shown either to the player, or to all players (possibly in conjunction with a scoreboard as described in 2). Alternatively, for numeric tokens, selecting multiple tokens could show the sum of the tokens’ values.

For certain card games, it would be useful to have cards associated with values too, which can be automatically summed. Since values can vary by game, numeric value could be a right-click property which can be individually set for each game.

4. A compact way to exchange game definition data, textures & models via a single zip-file which only needs to be dropped into the game data folder. While the Steam workshop is nice, it won’t be convenient for everyone to exchange games in this way. This would enable data which can not legally be published to everyone to be exchanged among friends, which is legal according to copyright legislation in many countries.

Just as a card can be “sucked up” into the hovering card by pressing mouse-right (the “lower“ action), it would be useful if cards from a hovering stack could be put down on the table, one by one. E.g., this might also be triggered by pressing mouse-right, such that, when no card on the table can be “sucked up”, one card from the stack is laid down on the table.

E.g., in a card game where a number of cards are drawn each turn, and then spread out in the center of the table, one could simply draw x cards from a stack, by “sucking up” x cards, and then moving along the table, pressing mouse-right to place one card each time.

It would be convenient to be able to place sticky notes with text entry fields. While the description field of any arbitrary token could be used for this, it might be useful to have a dedicated element which opens a larger text entry field than the one in the properties menu, or to make the written text show like 2D cards when hovering above it while depressing the “alt” key.

I would like to see the following:

Ability to search through decks to find a card
    Have no-clipping options on a 3d object so other objects can pass through it (but not fall through the table)
    Ability to write on cards,mark them
    Variable 'paper cutout' sizes for the figurines so longer characters can fit in and don't need to be cut off
    Better connectivity, currently when a friend connects to my game he will shortly after be unable to se objects move or move any objects so he has to exit the game and get back into it which is really inconvenient. This might be caused by peer to peer lag
    Ability to promote players to be able to load workshop mods and load/save the game state
    Ability to measure horizontal distance and not both with vertical distance. Currently in the game when I try and measure a distance through a building, it'll measure the distance to the top of that building which makes movement difficult
    Ability to roll dice randomly by pressing a button when hovering over the die rather than shaking them up or putting them in a dice tower, it becomes all the more time consuming
    In-game deckbuilder, currently people have had to use an external program to do it and it works well but some haven't been able to get it to work.

My apologies in advance if these have been implemented already, I've only played around with the game for a few hours -

Some of the things I would like to see in the game include:

Larger/Custom Size tables
    d100 dice
    Ability to drop single pieces in a held stack
    Ability to add/change numbers on a game piece (like when you mouse over a stack but with figurines for health)
    Wall pieces for making in game areas
    Removing hidden areas
    Being able to Ctrl/Command click (or when you click and drag over pieces) and have the pieces highlighted so it's easier to tell which you have selected

Again my apologies if some of these are actually implemented on them. I'm also on a Mac at the moment so I understand if some things do not show up correctly on it.

But the game is awesome!! I'm loving it

I posted about having certain objects always facing the camera; I'd also love to see a way to switch the measuring tool from inches to centimeters if that's at all possible.

The ability to sort through the Chest using folders and tags would unclutter a rather unwieldy list. Even rudimentary filters would go a long way toward building scenes and arranging themed environments.

Two big features for me would go a long way in covering some missing differences between playing in real life and playing here.

One: Secrecy. Although there are already many features that try and help maintain secrecy (Hidden areas as well as individual hands), there's still two things I think could be added,both of which would seem to be simple to add in programming-wise. The first idea would be shared hidden areas. If you are playing a game that has teams, it would be nice to be able to share things with your team with out passing them between your and their hidden areas, but rather right clicking either your hidden area and having a list of players with check boxes indicating who can see that area, or perhaps just adding hidden area sharing to the options when right clicking a player name in the upper left. The other feature would be adding another option to right clicking your name in the upper left- "Closing your eyes". There are many games in real life where other players need to not look, and that is secured by our own ability to look at that person to ensure they have their eyes covered or are turned away. Currently, I've seen multiple videos online where people are using the honors system (which really should be fine in most cases, because who wants to ruin a game that is just meant for fun by lying like that) of saying "I won't look", when they could just click a button that blacks out their screen, and gives us an icon next to their name indicating to us that they in fact can't see anything. I would also think that icon could turn into a countdown of 3-5 seconds when the player clicks "Open eyes" to give everyone fair warning.

Two: Writing. I'm sure many players have already said as much in these forums some where, but I'm adding to that list. There are so many board games that give you paper and pencil for writing your own answers to prompts. I just envision adding a feature to all card faces of inserting a text field over the picture. Sure, there is an ability to work around this by right clicking any given card and typing whatever you'd like in the "Description" field, but that seems much less eloquent, and much more of a reminding factor to the reality that you aren't actually playing this game in real life but rather on a computer. If this does prove too difficult I would at least ask two things change to the "Description" option. One would be increasing the amount of text room, and the more important would be making the text color and background color easier on the eyes.

One last feature that doesn't focus on filling in the gaps of what can be done in real life and not on here, would be a simple short cut key for cloning any held objects. Currently (as far as I know) all that needs to be done is save the item to your chest and then you can generate more from there, but it would be nice to shorten that process.

Thanks for any consideration! I'm real excited with how things currently are, and even more excited for how great I'm sure the final product will be! Thanks for all the hard work!

For cloning objects, you can hover over or hold an object and press ctrl x, ctrl c ,and ctrl v. You can do this for multiple objects as well. Check the control scheme menu for more commands (Press ?) and check out our tutorial series for other fun tidbits: http://www.berserk-games.com/wiki/tutorial-series

Is there somehow that the backgrounds or the table can be tweaked so it appears that the table is more on the ground rather than floating in the middle of the environment? Not a big deal, just would make the experience much more immersive.

Chris_Walker said

Is there somehow that the backgrounds or the table can be tweaked so it appears that the table is more on the ground rather than floating in the middle of the environment? Not a big deal, just would make the experience much more immersive.

I was just saying the same thing yesterday. I can see no reason why we can't have an optional ground plane added - with user definable texture that turns the sky dome into a hemisphere.

It's really weird to load an included background and see our table hovering several feet above the table shown in the image.

Another suggestion which should be easy to add:

Optional turn counter. Perhaps connected to the end turn dialog but preferably a separate counter in the upper left or right corner showing the turn number - useful for games where certain things happen on odd or even turn numbers, every 3 turns or ten turns or whatever.

I know theres the custom table, but if you can have a bigger table then that one. Or if players hands have an option to hide/show cards. Game I play with friends is Defenders of the Realm and since its a team game to play against game its nice to see what everyone has to be able to work together better. And since there are a lot of pieces/cards more table space is required as I first suggested.

Would it be possible to add an opacity slider to the color tint so that I can recolor pieces without their original color showing through? This would allow better creativity without needing to know how to texture/model a copy of an object. A precise scale tool would also be useful, and maybe even a directional (xyz) scale would be useful as well.

I mentioned it before in a different post, but it would be really awesome to be able to select a specific face of my custom imported dice. I know how to select faces of the included polyhedral dice, but when I try the same thing with my custom dice (with more than 6 faces) the game just rotates them as if they were cubes. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, when rotating a die, it would be nice for it to keep its same face, instead of rotating to the number 1 or reverse face.

It'd be cool to have a jukebox in-game. It could be a little stereo or whatever, and you could import/stream music from your computer or YouTube. Players could choose to silence it, if they wanted.

I'd had an idea for using this for our Poker nights, and it all seems fine, however there is no way to designate a player as a non-player Dealer. what I mean is, I've tried testing, going into a multiplayer setting, with a poker table and set with 5 players. when you pick the Poker table, and pick your color, there's a Grey color, which is in the center. I figured, "Oh, I'll just be Grey as the Dealer." But it turns out, when you pick that color, then it basically turns you into a spectator and you can't do anything with your hand pointer - all the icons in the UI are greyed out, and you can't do anything besides chat or exit. It would be good if you could make a player or host designated as a "Non-player dealer", so that he/she would be able to deal out cards, and just run the game for the other players.

Personally, I think the best feature that could be added to Tabletop simulator would be the addition of an web-rendering UI. This doesn't even need to be apart of the physics system - I'd be fine with a hotkey-accessed window.

Something like Awesomium (granted, this has a licensing cost) would make it "relatively" simple [spoilerit never is[/spoiler] to add basic functionality, and eventually could be extended to provide scripting hooks to the in-game browser window.

Even without any game browser interaction, a simple browser would make it easy to load complex text documents to players, or custom character sheets for RPGs, and easily allow players to keep track of notes and maintain score. I'll keep this post brief, but I'm sure these are just a few of the ideas players will find!

camperdave said

Personally, I think the best feature that could be added to Tabletop simulator would be the addition of an web-rendering UI. This doesn't even need to be apart of the physics system - I'd be fine with a hotkey-accessed window.

Something like Awesomium (granted, this has a licensing cost) would make it "relatively" simple [spoilerit never is[/spoiler] to add basic functionality, and eventually could be extended to provide scripting hooks to the in-game browser window.

Even without any game browser interaction, a simple browser would make it easy to load complex text documents to players, or custom character sheets for RPGs, and easily allow players to keep track of notes and maintain score. I'll keep this post brief, but I'm sure these are just a few of the ideas players will find!

Freaky stuff... keep an eye out

Please post any new suggestions or ideas in our new suggestions forum, thanks!

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...18-Suggestions

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314