Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see?

What would you like to see?

There are plenty of things I'd like to see, but right now the thing I REALLY wanna see is this.

I know Unity is a GUI nightmare compared to Hammer/Source, but still. Item tags and categories would help.

Indeed, the current GUI is definitely very weak. I'm going to be working on it, especially the spawn menu!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, once again I read every one of them!

I'm definitely looking for more customization features. I'd like to be able to make different decks using different sized cards with fully customized fronts and backs.

I was also hoping you were implementing an easier way to upload board images.

I would like to see a command to flip things up. I noticed its very difficult to roll a D4 or flip a coin.

I think it would be neat to generate poker chips with custom values. Also paper currency aka "Monopoly money" would be cool and could run off of the same mechanics you use for cards.

I love what you've created and I can definitely see its potential as a means to develop and test new games.

-Milemiel

Card games are a BLAST in this game so I really think the card game "UNO" would be PERFECT for this. I really hope you plan on taking these suggestions and add it to the game. I'm having a lot of fun already.

If only there was a way you could have full 3-D maps rather than 360 panos. Also, something like a white board mode, where you can draw on the boards or even a separated whiteboard.

Pledged $15 for the beta + final release. I have a few questions.
    1. Will we be able to lock out things like flipping the table? I can see the appeal of trolling games by constantly flipping the table.
    2. I noticed playing Poker that we can see each other's cards if we steal them. Would we be able to turn this off?
    3. I have an underscore in my username for multiplayer. Sometimes it doesn't work, and sometimes the copy-paste keys don't work to paste it in. Will you be planning to fix that?
    Other then that, this is a great game! Thanks for this!

I would like to see mahjong tiles and scoring sticks added.

I'd like to see different default cards… It bugs me seeing Bicycle backs with the wrong faces. (And I'm no lawyer, but even though Bicycle backs are long out of copyright you might risk violating USPCC's trademark by using them?)

While I'm on the subject of cards, some games require the two jokers to be distinguishable from one another - like a red joker and a black joker or a big joker and a little joker. Also, someone already mentioned games that need decks of different colors, and I think some of those games require you mix the two, so you'd want to be able to have blue and red cards in the same pile.

I would honestly enjoy having a version of stratego to play online. I think the pieces would work quite well with the system currently set up.

A few things I noticed that I would appreciate:

The ability to lock a room after it's been started. I played a game of texas hold'em last night with random strangers. It went well, but after the first person had busted out and left the room, there was always the worry someone would come in just to mess things up. To a lesser degree, it would be good to be able to rename rooms once you're in them, or change the maximum number of players.

Table options. It was annoying to not be able to use a poker table with less than 5 people. And I think the current tables are a bit too small for good RPG play.

Option to lock the table flip.

A dealer chip for poker would be nice. I've been using a reversi piece.

Make lots of cool features for the RPG mode. I am really looking forward to this more than anything else.

Longer chat limit. Several times I got cut off by the character limit partway through a thought.

Also, to zipKILL_FRAG, I hope they don't change the fact that you can see others' cards if you steal them. Because that is definitely something you can do in real life.

Perhaps after the release, I Really hope that Berserk Games can enter into licensing agreements with publishers/designers to be able to allow us to buy polished add-ons to the Table-Top Simulator, this would just be huge, and I would seriously consider re-buying many of my games in order to have this.

Ah, a few more ideas.

The ability for an admin to lock down or set ownership of objects would be really, really helpful. I understand that it sort of goes against the spirit of the game, but it would be pretty much necessary for tile-based games, like catan, or some RPGs. Game controls lack the delicacy needed to avoid knocking tiles around. It would be good if these were separate and both implemented, though. This way, if someone has ownership of a non-locked object, someone else would still be able to knock it around with another object, even if they can't pick it up. And being able to keep objects kinematic until they're picked up would help in setting up tiled boards.

A sort-area feature. This is mostly due to my love of poker, and really enjoying it on here. Basically, it'd be nice to be able to just clean up an area. All objects get nicely ordered, and stackable objects get stacked. This would allow poker players to just throw their bets into the pot at the end of a round, making that big old aesthetically pleasing pile we all love. Then, when it comes time to deliver or divide up the pot, you could just sort the whole thing to make it easier to count and move.

On the subject of poker, it'd be nice if chips were easier to exchange. I see two ways of doing this. What is probably the simpler way is to have a key-shortcut that makes change for all poker chips into the next-lower denomination. What I think would be the cooler way is to have a chip case, either floating near the table, or in the table itself. Of course, you'd need a new table model for that to work pleasantly, so that may be asking a bit much. If the first option were added, though, it'd also be pretty cool if there was an option to auto-merge chips when grabbed together. So if you grabbed a 50 and right-clicked over another 50, you'd hold a 100 chip. Still, if that couldn't be a toggle, it'd be best to leave it out.

Webcam support. I've never tried to use a webcam in my unity projects, but it seems simple enough with the webcam texture. It'd be good, especially for RPGs and card games, if you could replace your avatar (I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that you were adding avatars) with a feed from your webcam.

I'm not sure what you're planning for the RPG features, but some things I'd like to see are:
    Personal notepads/Generic character sheets. Somewhere to keep your character info where the room owner (DM) and you can see it, but nobody else.
    Somewhere public to keep track of important statistics, such as health and initiative.
    The ability to change turn order and add non-players to it. Nobody can drop their smartphone onto the virtual table and bring up an app for it, so it'd be good to have it built in.

Easter Eggs. Alright, I know I'm being kinda silly, but I love secrets. If you could cram a few cool hidden things into the game, it'd make some people very happy.

That's all I can think of for now. Just getting my ideas out there so they have a fair shot at seeing the light of day. As you might have guessed, I played another successful game of poker tonight, again with 3 strangers, and had a great time. Love what you're doing here.

How about:
    Rockem Sockem Robots type of game
    Sword / light Saber / Fencing Fighting

Keep up the great work!

Only played the single player demo so far. Really looking forward to when this goes through and I can try it out with other people over multi-player.

My suggestion is to add more acceleration on the dice throws. Currently when throwing the dice, unless you do a big mouse swing, the dice don't turn many times. Maybe some acceleration so when you flick your wrist with the mouse they go further,more spin or maybe a feature when you can shake it in your hand or a cup or something before rolling it to stop people being able to effectively cheat the dice throw.

The other thing I'm really looking forward to which you already indicated is your primary goal is the ability to import/create custom objects and games. I think being able to create custom cards with custom sizes is important as well as being able to import 3d objects. I am guessing you'll have a way of setting up a board game and saving it. Best would be if you had a way to create simple 3d models or cards to your liking within the game itself, that way there is no issue of invalid file types and means creating new ideas in a rush easy.

Anyhow, it's early days, so I look forward to seeing how this all progresses

Many games require certain dice rolls to have results which are secret, and even the rolling itself to be secret. Being able to put dice in the 'hand' like cards are for secret rolls would be nice.

Good ideas, Sharpevil.

game rules to like if else statements that are easy like if player says /deal == card deal if play says /skip or even as easy as /give players chips or card or anything and be able to set a amount

there should be a key to switch whats in your hand to what your hovering over like in chess i don't wanna have to like right click or "t" then have to drop my peace to pick it back up then remember where i was going to put it

I'd like to be able to make a server that doesn't show up on the server browser and can only be connected to directly with the IP.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

@NightCrest
    You can password the server so other people cannot join, is there a reason you don't want people to see your server?

Been thinking about what all someone would need to play their favorite game on this system without breaking out of it for any reason (like you would do on mobile). I've come up with a few tools that I would enjoy.

Might I request a generic spawning container? Put an item in it, and then you can use it like the reversi chip container. Many games require a variable amount of tokens (pandemic comes to mind) and instead of spawning and storing all of them at once, maybe you can put on in the container and then set how many 'total' are in it, with the ability to remove and replace. A few games this would greatly help include Pandemic (the board game), Ticket To Ride, well, you get the picture.

Pawn metadata. Just a simple 3D interface when you select certain items to take care of things like HP, MP, name, etc. This can easily be a generic single text field, as well.

Some way to see books. It's okay if this is pdf or jpg dependent (converting one to the other is as easy as convert page*.png mydoc.pdf), also if it's physical (the common theme) or 2d GUI, but some way to add and recover information loads from within the game would be essential for phone users.

Hidden rolls. This can either be a special die, a toggle, a hidden 'admin area' (like the DnD guard), or (best option), the ability to put die on your hotbar like cards.

It's mostly personal preference. I don't like the idea of random people being able to see whatever random BS I decided to make the server name. And from the other side, it's a little frustrating to go check the server browser for open servers to play on and just see a bunch of locked servers. Plus making the server invisible removes the remote possibility of someone guessing the password and then flipping the table as soon as they join. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I'd rather just be completely hidden.

I'd like to see the option to import panoramas. Also, hidden movement, dice rolls, and private notepads.

I'm sure it's already been suggested at some point, but I would really love if there'd be some sort of Local Multiplayer. I have two computers that'd be able to play this and I'd *love* to be able to play a game or two with my friends when they're over, or even my family.

I'd also like it if there were generally just different variants of already existing pieces, like the poker chips. I want to see higher and lower denominations, like $1, $5, $10, $20 and so on, or maybe even just custom numbers and colors (color wheel, even?). It'd be cool to be able to choose some options regarding pieces as well, put them in their own category. For example, some pieces act different to others, like how cards and poker chips stack while checker pieces don't; I'd like to see an option to turn that on, maybe even for pieces where it doesn't exactly make perfect sense (like the GO pieces). Having that functionality would be cool because it allows you to customize a game even more. I was trying to find a way to make my own custom Monopoly money, and while the poker chips worked perfectly, it was harder to find suitable replacements for the lower valued cash.

Either way, I backed and I'm looking forward to to the future of this game. It's going to be a bright one.

Banned people can repeatedly try to join and once in a while they'll get in long enough to flip the table.

Hi there, still haven't got beta access, so maybe some of these features are implemented, feel free to ignore!

I suggest a feature that allows you to record your favourite games. Or a screenshot , Even both.
    That Chess game could draw a lot of Chess buffs in who always write down games to consult with show colleagues there chess master pieces.
    A video or text form of recording in the game might be further down the line. Even the card games might benefit with a recording system
    when the Strong card sharks play.

I'll second that, and not just for chess or cards but any game that has any kind of notation (one could think of backgammon or go, for instance).

Community-generated content is a must, too. I know you guys are working very hard on new game modes, I'm sure, but I'm not holding my breath for more obscure games like hnefafatl or shogi, for instance.

Having the possibility to somehow influence board behavior or display information would be great, too. For instance, as a go player, having a symbol marking a ko that has been taken would be useful, as well as markers for scoring. Or, for games like chess, highlighting the places your piece can move to. It really should be configurable on the client side, though : chess master would find this annoying as hell but newbies would find it really useful.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast