Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see?

What would you like to see?

Would be nice if it were more obvious where an item was going to drop, the shadow can be a little subtle. Maybe a yellow highlight around the shadow?

Is it possible to flip a coin and have it spin around several times in the air? Or only to throw it, or turn it over?

Would be nice if the deck shuffling feature was more animated, maybe with a shuffling sound effect. As it stands it's not very obvious if it actually shuffled...

Would be nice if we could do specific kinds of shuffles, like pile shuffing as often used in Magic the Gathering. Would not need to whole thing to be automated but would need to be able to riffle shuffle two piles and reverse the order of a pile of cards with ease.

Would be nice if it were possible to cut the deck in a means other than pulling cards off the top one at a time.

Would love to see spin down D20 dice, like the kind used in, again, Magic the Gathering.

Some sort of on-table score keeper, like an abacus or something more robust would be nice.

Webcam integration would be awesome.

EDIT:

Camera panning would also be a great feature to have. It's nice to be able to zoom in with middle mouse wherever I want, would love to be able to pan/dolly the camera around while zoomed in as well.

I agree with a coin flipping mechanism, the way it works now makes it impossible to actually flip it.

I'd also like to see more dice options, such as changing their color and adding support for d100.

I didn't see a way to change my color when I was hosting a game, I think that should be an option, but I might have just missed it.

Also, how possible would it be to see a jenga type game, or scrabble?

EDIT: I'd like to see the ability to "OP" other players so they also get access to the host's options as well.

Just tried out the Beta, it's looking good but a lot of work will have to be done to make this a really flexible tabletop emulation engine. Some of these have been suggested already.

The most important features I think should be added are:

1 - Custom decks with player uploaded images

2 - Custom "tiles", basically the same as cards but allowing for different shapes and sizes and being able to spawn them individually.

3 - This is less important, but custom dice, where the player can upload images for each face of the die (regardless of dice type). A simple and quick solution would be to be able to create dice with the same faces but for the user to be able to define how many of each, IE: a 6 sided with 3 "1"s, 2 "2"s and one "3".

4 - The possibility to save a setup and restar from there (so that if you are creating a custom game, the setup time doesn't have to be spent each time).

4 – The possibility to save a setup and restar from there (so that if you are creating a custom game, the setup time doesn't have to be spent each time).

If I'm not mistaken, this is what the save feature does. It doesn't save custom boards, though, so if you're, say, making 'Sorry' you have to save the link for the image in the notepad (or elsewhere).

Some more Options for Turns would be Nice, Like the ability for any one to"Lean Back" (Including the host) Were they Sit-Out of turns and Deals until they Lean back in. Plus Host Control of turn order and dummy turns So you can specify who goes were and add in Extra Turns for each player, This Is useful for Card-games were each person has multiple stages to their turn or DnD games were the DM has to have turns for each NPC in combat Plus have players be in a specific order.

Also the option to set a Preferred Colour for your self from the Server Browser.

Ohh and finally the ability to pick up pieces as they are instead of auto-orienting them, So if we had a knocked over piece we could move it some were without righting it.

Many games require certain dice rolls to have results which are secret, and even the rolling itself to be secret. Being able to put dice in the 'hand' like cards are for secret rolls would be nice.

Good ideas, Sharpevil
    A good way to solve this is to have a DM Screen that generates Mist in the Space behind it for any one who isn't DM. Also the ability for the host to set someone else as the DM with Limited Host Powers.

I think it'd be better to be able to have a screen for each player. I mean, in some games, everyone's got something to hide.

You know what'd be a thing to add? A pop-o-matic bubble. I can't tell if that's a terrible idea or not.

Does the game have Fate/Fudge dice (cube labeled with a two blanks, two plus, and two minus signs)? Would be neat to run my game sessions in TTS with them.

A basic snap to grid function would be good.

My thought for a straightforward way to have it work:

The grid is an extra layer on top of the table texture. It can be toggled on or off, and have visibility toggled on or off (if visible it shows up as semitransparent lines on top of the table texture/graphics). There's a separate snap to grid function (useful for those who want the grid as a visual helper but no actual snap to grid).

There's an option to resize the grid rectangles, which can be rectangular (click and drag corner to rectangular sizing) or perfectly square (same but hold shift and it will keep height/width even). This resizing is applied to the whole grid at once.

If snap to grid is on, any object dropped directly on the table will snap to the center of the nearest grid rectangle that has enough space left for it (allowing, for example, multiple small objects in large grid squares). (There should also be an option to disable snap to grid for specific objects, or for classes of objects, with some sensible defaults like snap to grid disabled for dice.) An object dropped on top of another object will still snap to the grid but stay at the same vertical level if possible, making it easy to build up blocks and other objects or neatly stack cards.

You know what'd be a thing to add? A pop-o-matic bubble. I can't tell if that's a terrible idea or not.

This would go nicely with RPG stuff. Give it a "floaty numbers" function and it could hold dice macros (eg. 1d20+5, 1d12+1d6+10, whatever).

I think a deck of blank cards with the ability to upload your own images onto cards so that people could create their own games would be a wonderful idea.

This would be great. Also, similar to this, I'd like to see custom models, as in a piece of upright card which is blank attached to a base with the ability to import your own pictures onto it. Make it so we can pick the shape and size of the model/base.

I think there are plenty of things that should be implemented before this idea (eg custom imports) but wanted to throw it out there.

That is emotes in the game.
    I've played a few pub games now, and while I can communicate fine by typing everything, it would be cool, if I could add some personality using emotes.
    Eg: in chat
    Or sounds that are played, eg playful taunts, owches etc
    That sort of thing, so when your not communicating over voice chat, you can still make it a very lively game.

In response to Raygun: What if the player's Hand could make emotive actions?

Thumbs up. High Five. Drumming fingers on table. Rubbing thumb and fingers together for the Ca$h gesture. Wagging a scolding finger.

But I guess there are too many hand gestures that are very rude that we would need to avoid…

programmable objects, this would help for the rpg kit and custom games were we want the object to do something when we interact with it, an example would be a closed door that when the player piece is in front of it will open, or hitting a barrel to get it to break, I guess in this regard I am also asking for different model states.

I would like to see individual notebooks in the game that you can show to other players at will. This would help with taking notes during RPG games. On a similar page, I would also like to be able to import character sheets into the game, as well as have some means to display them in-game. Having something similar for rulebooks would be just as important, I feel. Otherwise, I'd also like to see the ability to whisper to other players, as well as possibly a "ping" tool to draw attention to your cursor. I feel the last one becomes important for when there are a lot of players at the table (of course, such a feature would require the host to be able to restrict it).

Man, feels like I'm writing a list to santa.

Djemps said

Thumbs up. High Five. Drumming fingers on table. Rubbing thumb and fingers together for the Ca$h gesture. Wagging a scolding finger.

But I guess there are too many hand gestures that are very rude that we would need to avoid…

I'm loving this, add a rock on horns gesture, a Neo from the Matrix bring it on gesture, and a thumbs down.

I have an idea that is the basis of many games... the scoreboard.
    It can be divided in two modes: automatic table or freehand.
    The idea for the automatic table is to set the number of players and choose to arrange them in row or in column and select n for the respective column on row. Of course, you can also choose one of the many styles and types of an automatic table. For example: 5 players and 19 camps, then you can choose to do 5x19 or 19x5, then select the classic style or without borders and with a key active the text mode in the spaces suitable for this purpose any time you want (for deactivating the text mode just repress the same button to activate).
    For the freehand you can choose to use a mouse or a graphic tablet to write everything else in total freedom experience (I have a graphic tablet and it's seems cool and awesome to use on it). For the construction of the scoreboard there would be two possibilities: in that automatic just write the length and height of a single cell, as in the same example mentioned, it would form 95 cells (5x19 or 19x5). In the freehand mode, simply write what I want to do the big sheet (eg 20x28 cm).
    In both cases, we add a component quite easy ... an in-game calculator with at least basic functions to calculate score points in a simple way without having to use an external calculator. It might be a good idea for a scoreboard, because would reflect the nature itself of sandbox.

Legos.

shoegpb said

Legos.

I second this, though unlike the current blocks if they could snap like the cards that would be ideal.

I third that

shoegpb said

Legos.

CrunchyFrog said

Djemps said

I'm loving this, add a rock on horns gesture, a Neo from the Matrix bring it on gesture, and a thumbs down.

The emotes from the hand is a great idea. Add in a sound affect, some flashy graphics and it could look pretty cool. It's cool to see this idea evolve into something better

Raygun said

CrunchyFrog said

Djemps said

The emotes from the hand is a great idea. Add in a sound affect, some flashy graphics and it could look pretty cool. It's cool to see this idea evolve into something better

I am seeing this more as a game, rock, paper, scissors. If players didnt want to roll die for turns they could play a game of this and ofcourse you will get those players who throw a gun out.. but hey gun does beat paper lol

I would like to be able to life objects further off the table. This would allow games to use a dice tower, or a cube tower (such as in games amerigo and wallenstein).
    So far so good. I will be more involved once custom models/decks can be imported.

I started a suggestion thread on reddit too, so I will also post my ideas here

it would be awesome to see a marker or a pencil, in the game, as well as some paper (paper sized cards would be nice too, for when you get the uploading image to cards feature) or maybe even drawing on the table. this would be great for RPG games and even like crossword puzzles or something!

Maybe a way to play sound files too, music and what not. (some ambient rock for a blackjack game or spooky music for a dnd session).

Also thought a divider of some sort would be cool, like for battleship or dice rolls, maybe you could select which players can and cant see, so if there were spectators that were color blue, they could see. or even a different table that was close by but only the admin or GM could see it so all their stuff could be there, with enough room to roll dice.

A way to pick up stuff with right click, then drop all but the one you are holding would be cool.

Finassar said
    A way to pick up stuff with right click, then drop all but the one you are holding would be cool.

we talked a little about dropping one piece here http://www.berserk-games.com/forum/general-discussion/79/ might want to share your thoughts on the matter

Thinking on a bit today, it would be cool if we could share save files. What this does is not only allow people to share presets for custom game modes, but it also allows people to share stuff like common "chess puzzle" type maps or other things of that nature. As it is currently, however, it seems save files are stored within the assets database and are not easily shareable.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast