Thread: GenCon 2014

GenCon 2014

Anyone planning on attending GenCon this year? It's the world's largest board game convention, with over 50,000 people in attendance, taking place in Indianapolis Indiana. A couple of us will be there, hoping to get some T-Shirts printed to raise awareness about TTS.

What do you think of this? I'd prefer an image without the orange background, thinking it would be nice to include the Berserk logo and web address on the sleeve too.
    Currently the Silk-screening company I'm looking into want's about $32.00 for each shirt, does anyone have any suggestions for other high-quality vendors? Course if we got a larger order together, we'd get a better volume discount down into at the $20.00 range.

GenCon 2014

Chris_Walker said
    Currently the Silk-screening company I'm looking into want's about $32.00 for each shirt, does anyone have any suggestions for other high-quality vendors? Course if we got a larger order together, we'd get a better volume discount down into at the $20.00 range.
    While not as high quality, a more cost-effective solution, would be to print them on image transfer paper, and iron them on inexpensive t-shirts.

Something else that could be cool, to hand out to people so they don't forget, would be a playing card. You can get double-sided business cards printed on high quality paper, with rounded corners. Have the logo and a URL on one side, and a playing card on the other. Something to remind them when they aren't in front of you anymore. I threw a little something together in 5 minutes on Office Depot's website, to show you I know it's not the most elegant solution. QR codes need to be a certain size to be scanned, which messes with how it can be laid out, a little.

GenCon 2014

Hey! Here's a transparent version of the logo from their press kit.

i.imgur.com/SuSAbNB.png

GenCon 2014

I found a transparent version online.

I improved the quality of the card.

GenCon 2014

Frozen said

Hey! Here's a transparent version of the logo from their press kit.

i.imgur.com/SuSAbNB.png

Thanks guys, yeah, much better! I like the playing card idea too!

GenCon 2014

madmon121 said

So what does the QR code link to anyway?

GenCon 2014

The QR links with the TTS store page. you can buy the game on the go!

GenCon 2014

Ok, my wife complained that the shirt shouldn't be the same on both front and back sides, so here's my latest proposal.

If I can put an order of 100 together, I can get the price down to $15.70. Anyone want to order 96 of these to complete my order of 100?

GenCon 2014

madmon121 said

Heh, you took off the word proof that was going across it. That's only there on the proofs you make on their site, when it's actually printed it isn't there. The Ace I used on the front of the card wasn't the best quality to start with, and I stretched it out some when I made the business card, distorting it more. Then I took the pdf proof that Office Depot gave me, and opened it in Photoshop, and cropped it and put the pages next to each other, to show you guys. Anything someone actually gets done with decent artwork will look better than the basic mockup I did so people could see how it could look. The way these business card things work, is it's just a computer that does everything. Text that you type in is automatically 300 dpi, as long as the artwork you put on yourself is also 300 dpi, it'll look fine. If anyone does decide to do it, just bring the TTS logo, the url for the store page on Steam, and whatever back you want to use, down to Office Depot (or one of the others, they can do it too), and a basic idea of how you want it to be laid out. Whoever is behind the counter can help you with everything else.

Oh, and if anyone wants to do it themselves on Office Depot's website, let me know somewhere, then add me on Steam, and I can walk you through all the steps easily enough. I do this practically every day at work, which is why it only took me 5 minutes =p.

GenCon 2014

Chris_Walker said

Ok, my wife complained that the shirt shouldn't be the same on both front and back sides, so here's my latest proposal.

If I can put an order of 100 together, I can get the price down to $15.70. Anyone want to order 96 of these to complete my order of 100?

Looking good man. Wish you could set up a stand and have like 2 laptops with the game up and you could sell the shirts their and give the people the cards. That would be cool.

GenCon 2014

Yeah, I wish that too, I'd totally do it! Unfortunately their vendor space sold out like in December 2013 and that is even after they expanded their floor space. It's going to be an awesome convention, anyone else planning on going?

GenCon 2014

Thanks for helping to spread the word!

GenCon 2014

Wow, that looks awesome! Wish we could go. Have fun and thanks so much for the support!