Thread: The Captain is dead

The Captain is dead

Cargo Hold: Are the skills and tools placed face-up and can you choose which one you want to take? Or is it like with the CPU-Core skills, face down and just draw random?

Internal Sensors: For example, I draw one card from the internal sensors. Do I immediately replenish up to the number of 3 cards, or do i wait until all 3 skills are exhausted and THEN replenish it completely?

Upgrades: Can I choose which one I research, or do i shuffle the upgrades at startup and then research the upgrades top-down? (Like with the CPU-Core Skills?)

Torpedo Tube: When I chose to not draw an alert this turn (through torpedoshot), is the respective Alert discarded or simply "held in place", so that it activates in the following turn unless jammed again (through torpedoshot) or overridden (through active player at end of turn with 3 commands).

Cargo Hold: Are the skills and tools placed face-up and can you choose which one you want to take? Or is it like with the CPU-Core skills, face down and just draw random?
    The cargo hold has every thing face up. The tool cards have no hidden back so you couldn't really hide them anyway.

Internal Sensors: For example, I draw one card from the internal sensors. Do I immediately replenish up to the number of 3 cards, or do i wait until all 3 skills are exhausted and THEN replenish it completely?
    The internal sensors are supposed to represent the TOP 3 cards of the skills deck. In this way, they should always be replenished immediately. IF the CPU core goes offline and the Internal Sensors are still online, you can keep the 3 cards that are in the sensors, but you no longer have a Skill deck to replenish them.

Upgrades: Can I choose which one I research, or do i shuffle the upgrades at startup and then research the upgrades top-down? (Like with the CPU-Core Skills?)
    You get to pick which ones you want, it allows you to respond to bad things that are happening based on what alerts you pull.

Torpedo Tube: When I chose to not draw an alert this turn (through torpedoshot), is the respective Alert discarded or simply "held in place", so that it activates in the following turn unless jammed again (through torpedoshot) or overridden (through active player at end of turn with 3 commands).
    You skip the alert step when firing a torpedo. The only time a card is removed is if you fired the torpedo at an incoming enemy ship. If the ship destroyed WOULD have been drawn on your turn, then you don't need to draw another alert.

I hope this cleared some things up. hopefully you're enjoying the game and if you do, I might also recommend Wizard's Academy as a good follow up. Fantasy based, but increases the complexity a bit with even more randomness.