Thread: Update v1.8 - Movable boards, Custom Model improvements, more! (Feedback Bug Reports)

Update v1.8 - Movable boards, Custom Model improvements, more! (Feedback Bug Reports)

Contextual Menu Added:
    • You can now right click on a object to bring up a menu to customize different options for that object
    • Objects can now be renamed and when mousing over them you can easily read the name
    • A description can also be added to an object, great for storing player stats or additional info
    • Dealing cards and resetting decks are possible from menu
    • Locking and unlocking an object can also be done from the menu
    • ‘Cut deck’ is a brand new action that can be done in the menu

Custom Model Improvements:
    • Meshes will now use the smoothing normals in your .obj data if supplied
    • Separate collision mesh can be now supplied allowing many more collision possibilities
    • Holes in collision are supported if you choose non-convex, but non-convex objects do not collide with each other (engine limitation)
    • Non-convex is only used if a mesh collider is supplied, best used for something similar to the Chinese Checker board

Optimizations on Custom Assets:
    • Objects that share custom assets are no longer using up memory like they are unique objects
    • Rewinding will no longer require assets to be reloaded from disk

Boards Now Movable:
    • You can now unlock boards and move them just like other objects
    • They can also be spawned in the spawn menu making use of multiple boards

Features:
    • Added a rock and tree model great for outdoor RPG scenes
    • Highlighting and then locking multiple objects now works
    • Server name can now be found in the menu

Fixes/Changes:
    • Memory optimization on default assets
    • Alt zoom on objects will no longer clip off the screen and will ignore scale
    • Locked objects now display the number of objects it contains
    • Frozen objects will unlock when the table is flipped
    • Fixed texture syncing issue for custom models
    • Copy pasting an object pulled from a stack will now work
    • Voice chat is now disabled by default for new players due to memory leaks (can still be enabled in settings)
    • Wood shader is now slightly less shiny/specular
    • Custom Models held height has been lowered
    • Unlocking a model you were holding will no longer get stuck to your hand
    • Fixed host to client material sound sync
    • Table no longer clips through objects on clients when flipped
    • Reworded confusing section in tutorial
    • Destroy bounds have been closed in so no objects can escape by flying upward
    • Locked objects will no longer stop you box selecting
    • Fixed bug with custom table loading its custom texture

In the Future:
    • UI Overhaul
    • RAM Optimization
    • Stability improvement
    • Additional RPG Features
    • ??? game mode
    • More Steam Integration
    • and much more!

If you are interested in all of our updates since release, please refer to our website to view our previous patch notes.

Update v1.8 - Movable boards, Custom Model improvements, more! (Feedback Bug Reports)

Small hotfix has been release to fix Alt Zoom and pulling objects from locked bags.

Sounds great to me! Sounds like objects have gotten a pretty good upgrade. Thanks a ton for todays update! Can you explain how these collision maps work a little more?

Indeed that would be great. So far I've just tried translating the top and bottom out further which ends up having a wonderful floating object. ^^; But it does prevent the object from falling through things.

Edit: "A collision mesh is just a very simplified version of the original model so the collision calculations aren't using the very detailed mesh for calculations. That and Unity only supports 255 triangle on a convex colliders"

Well seeing as how that wouldn't be the answer to my lifes problem then. Sorry for getting a little sidetracked but is there anyway to prevent an object from falling through another object?

Me and my friends completely abuse the renaming feature. It's so awesome. ^_^
    We named all the dice in Betrayal and all the little characters aswell. There was Tim, Jerry, Tom and others I can't remember.

Basically, thank you. This update turned out awesome. You added some great features.

Some suggestions:
    • Please fix the IRC chat so you can change your name independantly from your Steam name. Seems to be giving a lot of people problems with special characters and name repeats.

Is the memory leak thing even an issue still? Haven't heard any bug reports on it for ages. Turning off voice chat automatically for new players means quieter games for everyone as they won't even know voice chat is in the game.

Some minor bugs I've found:

• Pressing menu on the Tutorial shows the Multiplayer server name you have entered instead of "Tutorial".
    • If the table is flipped while a "WWW Error window" is on the screen, the entire spawn menu on the left dissapears. This makes the game unplayable until you restart the game.

• My scroll wheel messed up yesterday going in/out for a period of time. None of the zoom buttons worked for me on my keyboard either. Not sure how to reproduce though. Could use the scroll wheel to click and focus on a particular place on the table still.

• Custom dice models have been acting up for me. Holding alt over them sometimes shows the wrong dice face. Not sure what is causing this as this glitch doesn't appear to affect everyone. (I probably should have posted this to the Update 1.7 thread! )

Mark said

jay_rab said

Mark said Invest in a hosted game chatroom that allows names with special characters and name repeats?

Bob: all of you, **** ******* ****
    Mod: /kick Bob
    Server: 14 Bobs have been kicked from chat.

I'll change that, hang on.

that makes much more sense now! ^_^ I deleted the post should you want to do the same.

Hey all! I've got a bug that's a bit peculiar - Sometimes my poker chips with glow white or gold.

Reproduction Steps seem to be loading in a save that has poker chips, and then trying to select one either by hovering over it, or click and dragging.

---

Also another thing I've noticed, this would be more of a quality of life fix - When rotating the camera with right click, it's incredibly easy to open the context menu, especially on boards.

BUG report:

When I load a token model, it works fine, but if I try to copy-paste more of the same token, the dialog window to create a custom token will apear again and i cant paste the tokens...
    Also, if I save and then load, the same thing happens

Encountered the skewered selection again today while a friend was picking up a bunch of cards with right click. I guess it wasn't completely fixed.

EDIT: Realised it's probably not a bug. It happens when you rotate the camera while making a selection using WASD, then you can make cool shapes!

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but when the game saves images for any custom content, it saves a bigger image than the original.

I originally noticed this when I downloaded a save from the steam workshop, and it was saving 20mb images. The original image was only around 2 to 4 megabytes.

I tested it with an image on my local drive. Original image was 0.98 megabytes. The game saved a 2.98 megabyte image. It also looks worse than the original, so I assume the game is doing some sort of compression which I find ironic.

I've noticed some people are having out of memory issues with this game. Perhaps this is one of the sources?

FlukiestEmperor said

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but when the game saves images for any custom content, it saves a bigger image than the original.

I originally noticed this when I downloaded a save from the steam workshop, and it was saving 20mb images. The original image was only around 2 to 4 megabytes.

I tested it with an image on my local drive. Original image was 0.98 megabytes. The game saved a 2.98 megabyte image. It also looks worse than the original, so I assume the game is doing some sort of compression which I find ironic.

I've noticed some people are having out of memory issues with this game. Perhaps this is one of the sources?

Tested and this seems to be the case. The image is hosted on a non-compression website and yet the file size is bigger when TTS downloads it. Strange. o.o

EDIT: Did not read the part where you said you downloaded the image from your hard drive. That would probably be more of a reliable test, haha.

EDIT2: Cannot figure out how to download the image locally, arn't you just supposed to copy and paste the file address/location into the text field?

To import an image from your hard drive, you use file:///path/to/file ex: file:///C:/Users/someuser/whatever_folder/somepicture.jpg

It shouldn't matter how the picture is being imported, it always seem to be the case that the picture saved by TTS is bigger than the original.

I have not tested with PNG though because the game ends up converting it to jpeg anyway.

FlukiestEmperor said

To import an image from your hard drive, you use file:///path/to/file ex: file:///C:/Users/someuser/whatever_folder/somepicture.jpg

That should be on a wiki page.

Ftp should theoretically work too if the server allows anonymous logins.

The game isn't locked to a specific protocol, it's whatever the Unity URL object can handle.

Edit
    Side note for using file:///
    The game only stores the path to the file (hence why saves are usually less than a 100kb or so)

So unless the other person has the file at the exact same location on their computer, transferring saves using that is useless.

I'll look into my JPG encoder, I know that I'm saving them at 100% quality and not using any compression, which might explain the size increase.

The URL grabbing uses the WWW class in Unity which is pretty flexible:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WWW.html