Thread: How do you "label" units to be used for 40k in Table Top Sim?

How do you "label" units to be used for 40k in Table Top Sim?

I am new to TTS and play 40k in a small town without a lot of players. Finding 40k on TTS has made me very interested in getting in games with new players. I have seen models with info on their movement, save for wounds, etc and I have seen them without. How do you add or edit the info that appears when you hover over an object?

Hey Damionzod, Welcome to the community

Each object on the table has a custom menu you can access with the right mouse button, at the bottom of this menu are two text slots. The top one is for the name of your object as you want to see it displayed when you hold your mouse over it during the game. and will appear instantly when you do so.

The second larger text slot is for adding descriptions and any other kind of information you want to show. and will appear a short time after the Name label when you hold your mouse over the object in question.

In the toggle section of this custom menu is a check box for these tooltips. Unchecking it will disable the display of name and info during mouse over. Without removing the text from the two text slots in the menu.

Thanks so much! Easy to see now but did not find it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    The second larger text slot is for adding descriptions and any other kind of information you want to show. and will appear a short time after the Name label when you hold your mouse over the object in question.
    Out of curiosity... Can you put any scripting in the "description" section or do any formatting?
    Last edited by Fullbleed; 06-30-2017 at 01:16 PM.

A limited number of BB codes are available.

http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/bb-codes/

But that's it and due to the nature of the 3rd party UI being used its Unlikely we'll see a great deal of new codes added to it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    A limited number of BB codes are available.

http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/bb-codes/

But that's it and due to the nature of the 3rd party UI being used its Unlikely we'll see a great deal of new codes added to it at the moment.
    Thanks for the info. It's a shame that you can't put properties/variables on a object and then use the description field for a kind of Stat Sheet (like in Maptool).