Thread: Update v2.0 - New UI, Hotseat, more! (Feedback Bug Reports)

Update v2.0 - New UI, Hotseat, more! (Feedback Bug Reports)

Known Issues:
    IRC not loading up
    Chat not working
    Exit Game button not working

New Minimal UI:
    • Clean minimalistic theme with the use of images for easy visual navigation
    • Reduced screen clutter to keep the interface out of the way of the player and focused on the game
    • Much better resolution independence, supporting massive 4k resolution and all the way down to sub 720p
    • Overhauled spawn system with drag & drop spawning, and 3d object preview
    • Much better UI performance, even while using higher resolution assets
    • New player color selection, that shows you where on the table you will be sitting
    • Use of drop down menus to nest information until you need it
    • Logical 'X' close button instead of the previous inconsistent close layout

Hotseat Mode Added:
    • Hotseat mode will allow you to play a game with up to 7 other people on the same computer
    • Information is hidden just like if you were playing on separate computers with an easy to use turn system

Improvements:
    • Loading in custom content now has a progress indicator giving a percentage completed
    • You can now specify the name of the game mode in Host Options
    • Hosts can now change their color from white
    • King crown icon next to the host's name
    • Harder to accidentally right click an object when trying to use the camera by adding delay check
    • Scrolling the UI no longer zooms the game in and out
    • Camera responsiveness has been improved

Mouse Over Actions:
    • We want to have a consistent control scheme to the game so that you can now interact with objects either by hold them or by mousing over them.

(Keyboard keys only to avoid accidental commands, due to mouse keys being duplicate)
    • Mouse over + 'Flip'
    • Mouse over + 'Rotate'
    • Mouse over + 'Scale'
    • Mouse over + 'Cut', 'Copy', 'Paste'
    • Mouse over actions works on multiple objects if you have them highlighted with the marquee

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed not being able to move objects if you join a server after the objects have been spawned
    • Fixed poker chip highlighting bug where they turn white
    • Custom models no longer fly all over the place when they are first loaded in
    • Fixed camera distance on color selection for certain tables
    • Backgammon board triangle order has been fixed
    • Board optimization on physics calculations
    • Card Hand holders code optimization
    • Can now have more than one singleplayer running on the same computer
    • Fixed toggle zoom issue on glass table

To Do:
    • Browser and Chat still need to be done in the new UI system
    • RAM Optimization
    • Stability improvement
    • Third Game Mode
    • More Steam Integration
    • and much more!

Me and Metro made an entire thread on bugs and thoughts. Go check it out.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forum/beta-feedback-1/537/

Hotfix v2.0.1

A hotfix has been released to fix these pesky bugs. Thanks for your help in bringing them to our attention and your patience while we got these fixed! A big overhaul like this is bound to bring in some issues, so we appreciate you letting us know!
    • IRC will now load after exiting a game.
    • Chat has been fixed
    • Exit Game button is now working
    • Hotseat issues with custom content has been fixed
    • Mouse actions when disable highlighting is checked has been fixed.
    • You can no longer load saves on multiplayer if you are not the host.

One question...Where is ping information?

I like it very much, now when game go very slow I don't know who has the conection problem...

Is it posible to see the ping next to player name?

All the rest, great update...

Thank you...

One problem with MENU in Workshop section with low resolution...

Great update...

If you wanted some clearer more important issues with the new hotfix (2.0.1) check the reply I added.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forum/beta-feedback-1/537/#p3972

I was very fond of the old UI maybe in the future picking your UI skin can be an option? I have heard a couple mentions that the new UI is a bit more childish.

Some odd object mouseover zoom issues with the trees and rocks, not sure if this was present in the previous update when they got added. Appears to load the poker chip/checker model but with a bunch of textures from the plastic dice. Also the outline highlight on the trees is super wonky, but truthfully these are both pretty nitpicky. Would be nice to be able to move the chest window though so it doesn't cover up the undo/redo buttons or to have them simply inlaid at the top of the chest window, can think of a number of game setups where it would be nice to have both at the ready just in case a spawned piece goes awry.

I'd just like to say that I really like the new UI. The old one seemed very bland and generic to me, and I for one am a fan of the lighter colors and simpler layout.

That said, maybe a possible solution for the people that don't like it would be to make it modable?

jay_rab said

I have heard a couple mentions that the new UI is a bit more childish.

It looks strange at first but it does grow on you -- it just takes some getting used to. Much like when the Facebook layout changes, or a new Youtube layout comes out.

Another great update. The UI was rather strange at first but overall I like it. Most importantly, it's quick and easy to use and very little guessing is involved.

Hotseat works great. Might I request a noise when someone ends their turn (to prevent taking both players turns and pretending you didn't).

Mark said

jay_rab said

It looks strange at first but it does grow on you -- it just takes some getting used to. Much like when the Facebook layout changes, or a new Youtube layout comes out.

Please dont get me wrong; I am in full support of the new update and think it looks great, on top of that it is also more functional then the last one.

Mark said

jay_rab said

I dislike the new UI not because it is childish, but because it is inefficient and inconsistent.

Inefficient because most redone UI elements have harder to read text and less information, or take up an absurd amount of screen real-estate. Changes like these although they may make the interface prettier to look at (arguable), they slow down the user.

Inconsistent because of your odd merging of a flat minimalist theme and a photo-realistic paper theme.

youcancallmetim said

Mark said

jay_rab said

I dislike the new UI not because it is childish, but because it is inefficient and inconsistent.

Inefficient because most redone UI elements have harder to read text and less information, or take up an absurd amount of screen real-estate. Changes like these although they may make the interface prettier to look at (arguable), they slow down the user.

Inconsistent because of your odd merging of a flat minimalist theme and a photo-realistic paper theme.

I personally have not had an issue reading the text in the UI and I'd be interested to hear just what information is now missing, as I haven't noticed anything crucial missing that was in the old UI.

As for it taking up too much space, it hasn't really been an issue for me at 1080p, though idk if it scales weirdly at lower resolutions. The only thing I've noticed that does take up a bit more space than I'd like would be the notepad, but at the same time it's nice having all that extra viewable space on it, so I'm a little conflicted about that one.

I'm just going to have to flat out disagree with the inconsistent thing though. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe paper as photo-realistic, and I'd say paper compliments a minimalist theme quite nicely, as what is simpler than paper? But I guess this one just comes down to personal opinion.

youcancallmetim said

It is inconsistent in other ways too. The "X" button in the top right corner isn't the same in all windows.

You can drag some windows around but not others.

Load and save game are under the menu but only the host can use them. (Unless anyone can save in a multiplier game? I'm actually not sure about this).

Not sure if this happens on all resolutions, but on 1920x1200, if you go to chess pieces, select metal / wood, and move the slider bar to the far right, the pieces will render off the menu box. There is also no back button when you go into these sub menus.

The the "Chest" and the spawn pieces menu block the undo / redo and irc button respectively. Annoying when you want to keep the spawn menu up but use those buttons. Allowing these menus to be moved around the screen would easily fix that.

The previously used server name use to be saved when you started a new server. It no longer seems to do this.

When you save a game, it's a tad annoying that it keeps asking you to name the save after you already have.

I appreciate all the positive and negative feedback on the new UI. We are still actively developing it and will be adding the missing features, as well as incorporating the feedback from you guys.