Thread: Card deck subset of regular deck

Card deck subset of regular deck

I am making up a game and want to play around with different options. This means I don't want to make cards 100 times as I change what they mean, say, do, look like, play like, etc. Currently I don't want to carry around all the paraphernalia to the game just so that if (when?) I have an idea I can try it out. All that being said, I want to use the cards from a regular deck to be stand ins. But I don't want all the cards. So I want all hearts and half the clubs in one deck, consistently. Then all other face cards in another deck. Or something like that.

So my question: Is there any way to get a standard deck of cards and remove specific cards from it? Can I change the back of these decks to look like something else? ( I haven't looked into that second question yet because I've been frustrated trying to figure out the first one.) I guess this is similar to trying to make a Pinochle deck by combining 2 regular decks and removing 2-8 from each suit.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 07-09-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Well the first part of your deck is fairly Straightforward, just spawn a deck from the Components menu separate out the cards that you don't want.
    Select what's left of the deck you do want to keep and save it to your chest ( OBJECTS>SAVED OBJECTS) and that's it. Then just pull this "Short deck" from the saved objects list every time you have need for it. . . .what was causing you frustration ? was something not working when you tried to make these changes ?

As to the second part of your question. . . .No you can not change the backs of the In game decks, you'll need to create your own decks to define the back images you do wish to use.

My frustration was caused by me not realizing I could do that. I was thinking of a right-click, sub-menu solution, so that's on me. I had a solution in mind, so when it didn't work, obviously nothing was going to work. :/ ha

Darn it on the second thing.