Thread: Demo version would help me sell people on the game

Demo version would help me sell people on the game

I am looking to get people I know, from around the States, to get Tabletop Simulator. I especially want to put an RPG group together. However, as Roll20 and the like have a FREE entry price, it is really hard to get them to pay the cost to try Tabletop Simulator. I think y'all need to have a demo version, for a week or so, so I can get them to try it. Otherwise, i am going to be forced to run my games on Roll20, and I do not want to.

Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by stilleon View Post
    I am looking to get people I know, from around the States, to get Tabletop Simulator. I especially want to put an RPG group together. However, as Roll20 and the like have a FREE entry price, it is really hard to get them to pay the cost to try Tabletop Simulator. I think y'all need to have a demo version, for a week or so, so I can get them to try it. Otherwise, i am going to be forced to run my games on Roll20, and I do not want to.

Thank you for listening.
    Your silence on this says a lot. Sad.

The developers use many of the suggestions posted here. They do not typically respond to individual posts, likely because saying something like "Nice idea" is typically interpreted by folks to mean "this is something we will do." A lot of suggestions that are nice just don't get done, likely because there are only 2 developers. If you were expecting an individualized response, it would seem to me you do not spend much time in the suggestions area, and that's fine. Just please know that "silence" is not the same thing as "indifference" on this forum.

And the best idea in the known universe could be posted here, not receive a response, and never get done due to the logistics of making it a reality with a finite amount of developer time available for working with game publishers, updating the game, etc. It is an unjust world we live in.

That is nice, Mr. Stump. however, while I will play with some people on here, I am no longer recommending this game because of the issue I presented. I like the product, but this problem is too much for me to deal with as people do not want to buy something they cannot try. since it has been many months since my initial post, and there is nothing in sight, i am assuming the status quo will remain. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what can I do on my end? Buy this for all my friends? Maybe someone has a suggestion for how I can overcome this.

If you friends don't want to spend $10 (the typical sale price, game is on sale often) then they can't try it. And wanting there to be a "demo" period of sorts, like a free weekend, is a perfectly valid request.

My response was only meant to let you know that silence doesn't indicate anything here. They could be planning it, there may be some technical reason it isn't considered or it could be on a backlog of good ideas as long as my arm. In the mean time, if you're friends aren't interested enough, c'est la vie

might easily end up like the "Hands on screen" feature did. On the thread for that feature request, the dev recently replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Added in Update v9.9. (2 1/2 years later!)
    So, as MrStump says, just because there's silence from them, doesn't mean they aren't seeing this and it won't ever happen. They are busy people and don't have time to reply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by stilleon View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what can I do on my end? Buy this for all my friends?
    Yes, that's what most people do because that's all they can do.