Thread: How do I get this level of compression quality?

How do I get this level of compression quality?

So every hosting service I've used so far gives really ugly colors and artifacts even on large 4096 textures. I downloaded Scythe to check it out and it looks beautiful! So I assume that people who play this game simply just load all the textures locally from their hard drive. Is there a way I can send a package to other computers so I don't have to host the game's textures from online? Or does this require coding experience? Wondering how to get started with a game that is something as involved as Scythe.

Here is an example.. you use an free image host and upload that HD image to there servers. They go HOLY crap that is one huge file and to serve that file to lots of people will cost us money. They will either do two things.. lower the quality of the image that it serves, or say hey you!! pay for it. Moral of the story: You can do anything if you have the money for it.

Makes sense for sure. . .but is that what the DLC games are doing with their texture images? I'm interested in creating a large package that can be given to others to install. Where can I learn about doing that?

If I understand your question correctly, you want the MOD backup tool. It collects all the assets your mod uses in a single package. Both packs and unpacks to/from local disk, as well as collecting up assets that are on line and storing them locally.

Note I haven't used the tool, just read the description :-)