Thread: server not showing up in server list

server not showing up in server list

before you ask, yes there are other games showing up, and i can join them. but i can't get mine or my brothers servers to show up in the list at all. game cache is verified, other servers working fine so it's not the firewall/port being a problem either. completely open to suggestions, but i'm at a loss.

If you can connect to other servers, then it's not a matter of the port on that end. But if you are trying to host and neither of you can join the server, then you'll need to check your ports. Info can be found here.

Have you tried using direct connect? Let us know if that works.

Are you getting a message in chat after starting a server like:

"Could not connect to master server"

Do you and your friend have Hamachi installed? If so, Uninstall it fully. This game dose not like that you have it installed.

i'll try the port thing, but there's no message at all. it goes into things fine, can load a game fine, it just doesn't show up.

as for direct connect, that isn't working either.

i'll get rid of hamachi. didn't know that would be a problem. i'll report back after we get to try it again.

i do have servers working fine with other things, it's just this that won't work, which is why i'm mildly confused about it.

Make sure your friend doesn't have it installed either. It wont work if he has it installed also. It seams that Hamachi is blocking your connection to each other. The people who made servers for this game don't have Hamachi installed so that's why you can connect to them. I realized that Hamachi was an issue after I installed it of Gmod. Knil & Kimi, can you guys fix this issue by the way? I would like to keep Hamachi for my other game, I see a lot of people on steam forums having this problem, and I dont feel like making a separate thread about it.

Um, I don't think that's the problem madmon121. I have the program and running servers works fine for me.

That's what happened with me and some of my other friends. I couldn't host a server and my friend couldn't find/join it and vice versa. We both removed it and now we can connect to each other. All computers act differently, It might work for you, but it doesn't for me. We will just have to wait and see if it worked or not. If that didn't work, then we can find another solution.