Thread: have a checkmark for workshop games that have been downloaded

have a checkmark for workshop games that have been downloaded

it's impossible to tell what's been downloaded and what hasn't been.

sometimes, a question mark in the icon means it hasn't been downloaded but there are other times when you see a proper image for a mod and it has not been downloaded yet.

in general, it would be nice if there was less emphasis on an almost religious faith in a "cloud based" system and instead, there was an emphasis as the cloud as a tool and that it's still important for the user to know what data is local and where it is kept.

jin

What do you mean "downloaded"? Mods aren't downloaded in their whole when you load them. Assets that were loaded when you opened the mod (which means only the things that were out in the open, not in bags or not spawned etc.) are probably cached. These cached items are in no way connected to the mod (which is just a save file) that were opened when you downloaded them. Are you asking for a feature that scans mods assets and tells you how many of them you have cached? TTS Mod Backup already does that.

Quote Originally Posted by dzikakulka View Post
    What do you mean "downloaded"? Mods aren't downloaded in their whole when you load them. Assets that were loaded when you opened the mod (which means only the things that were out in the open, not in bags or not spawned etc.) are probably cached. These cached items are in no way connected to the mod (which is just a save file) that were opened when you downloaded them. Are you asking for a feature that scans mods assets and tells you how many of them you have cached? TTS Mod Backup already does that.
    gah! that's even WORSE!

mods SHOULD BE downloaded in their whole when you load them! there should be a way to download a mod IN ITS ENTIRETY so it lives on your system. and that this should be transparent and knowable...

i want to know what i have and what i have downloaded. i don't want it to be left as a mystery for me to discover later when i'm playing and i discover that something is not there.

imo, it's insane that for a program that depends on ephemerally available mods floating in third party clouds to be this un-rigorous about collecting all assets when it can... or at least to give the OPTION.

this is one of the reasons why, as much as i like the idea of TTS, i see it as unreliable and opaque.

jin