Hi guys, I had to make a new account because the old one doesn't like to send me password e-mails.
So far, running TTS on Linux Mint has been fine, with the exception of the keys entering extra characters (Shift inputs 0, etc.). Hope that one disappears, I know there's probabbly bigger fish right now.

With the latest P2P migration, I'm having problems with some connections. I have P2P open on my router, I allow Steam access, everything has worked before. When I connect to a particular friend's server, or when he connects to mine, the guest gets horrible frozen spikey performance. If we both hop on a 3rd friend's hosted game (he has default everything, he knows nothing about computer stuff), neither of us have problems, so I believe it is related somehow to voice or p2p.

- I have tried turning off voice in game.
- I made sure P2P and all Steam ports were open on my router.
- Confirmed integrity of game, reinstalled steam.
- Newest drivers and generic kernel.
- Tried OpenGL launch version at startup (it suggests its crashy, so I never choose it)
- I have not tried disabling the Steam overlay since I primarily use Steam voice chat and it's never been a problem with TTS before. If this could be part of it I'll try it, but I doubt it is.
- Tried not playing through VPN. I like using my VPN for all the security reasons one should, plus I don't have to mess with IRC ports and all that. Never been a problem with any game.

My sept 13 logs differ from today's, they contain plaintext data about my IP and stuff, so I won't share those, and that connection/IP stuff has disappeared after I made some openings in my router. Almost all the noise in these logs concerns sound.
I ran our game in debug mode, everything looked fine, until about 10 seconds of red text spam that read something about "P2P connection ... something something...", then silence. Nothing about this appears in logs.


My logs are pretty big, 500k today alone. Kind of a pain to reduce them to this site's 20k, but most of this is noise concerning a particular shader that doesn't work in some places, almost all of it is about sound and looks like this:

Code:
(level_controller.cc:159): Level Controller metrics: {Max noise power: -84 dBFS, Average noise power: -84 dBFS, Max long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Average long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Max gain: 4 dB, Average gain: 0 dB, Long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Last frame peak level: -190 dBFS}
(level_controller.cc:159): Level Controller metrics: {Max noise power: -84 dBFS, Average noise power: -84 dBFS, Max long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Average long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Max gain: 3 dB, Average gain: 0 dB, Long term peak level: -11 dBFS, Last frame peak level: -33 dBFS}
(agc_manager_direct.cc:408): [agc] rms_error=5, target_compression=5, residual_gain=0
(agc_manager_direct.cc:408): [agc] rms_error=10, target_compression=7, residual_gain=0
(agc_manager_direct.cc:408): [agc] rms_error=4, target_compression=6, residual_gain=0
(agc_manager_direct.cc:408): [agc] rms_error=4, target_compression=5, residual_gain=0
(agc_manager_direct.cc:408): [agc] rms_error=12, target_compression=8, residual_gain=0
(level_controller.cc:159): Level Controller metrics: {Max noise power: -84 dBFS, Average noise power: -84 dBFS, Max long term peak level: -7 dBFS, Average long term peak level: -10 dBFS, Max gain: 2 dB, Average gain: 1 dB, Long term peak leve


Bonus help me: How deep in the icebox is the bugfix for linux users who have the metakey mapping bug, where Shift inserts 0 and stuff? Is there a workaround for this out there?

inxi and uname
Code:
Linux burkenhare 4.10.0-35-generic #39~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 13 09:02:42 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

System:    Host: burkenhare Kernel: 4.10.0-35-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: MATE 1.18.0
           Distro: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i7-4770 (-HT-MCP-) speed/max: 3399/3400 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA Device 1c82
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)
           Resolution: 2560x1600@59.97hz
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66
Drives:    HDD Total Size: x
Info:      Processes: 243 Uptime: 19:24 Memory: 7001.8/32115.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35