Thread: Disappearing Decals on Cards

Disappearing Decals on Cards

I've been having some problems with decals on cards. I searched around the forums, but haven't found anyone else with these issues, so I thought I'd post here.

It seems to be two different issues. Apologies if these are dupes.

The first is decals disappearing when they are on the top of a face-up deck. (Understandable, but I thought I'd mention it anyhow.)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Apply decals to a card.
    2. Place card on a deck that is face up.

Results:
    Decals disappear

Expected Results:
    Decals for the top card on the face-up deck are visible.

Note that the decals are still there. They re-appear when the card is drawn from the top of the deck:

The bigger issue is decals disappearing when a card is drawn from a face-down deck then flipped face-up.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Apply decals to a card.
    2. Place the card on the top of a face-down deck.
    3. Draw the card
    4. Flip the card

Results:
    Card's decals do not appear.

Expected Results:
    Card's decals appear as usual.

Note that the decals are still there. If I place a card on another card face-up, it's decal will re-appear when drawn:

I'm using custom decks from the Pandemic Legacy mod and custom decals made from various 'sticker' tokens in the mod. I haven't tested it with non-custom decks of cards.

Here's the full video of me playing around with it. (Beware: There's a loud 'blip' towards the end of the video, so keep the volume down. )
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t...FhkV3lhSmhldDQ
    Last edited by bjennings76; 09-27-2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Fixed broken gifs

Decals/stickers are indeed very inconvenient to use on cards that are to be placed in a deck or a bag.

Here's the behaviors that I found.
    1. If you place a decal on a card's back, it won't be visible. However, if you place it anyway (it won't show) and then put the card in a bag or a deck and pull it out, the decal will be on the back of the card.
    2. If you place a decal on a card, and then put the card in the deck, and if the deck is face down, the decal won't be visible upon being removed from the deck. If the deck is face up, the decal will work as intended.
    3. If you place a decal on a card, and then put the card face down in a bag, and remove the card, the decal won't be visible. If the card was placed face up in the bag, every decal is shown, including the ones on the back of the card.

I tested this on cards from Components -> Cards, as well as custom cards. It's reproducible on both standard as well as custom cards.
    I would really like to see this fixed. Currently, I can't make a mod of a card game due to this bug, as the game involves placing stickers on a card, and then placing the cards in a face down deck to draw from.

Is there scripting you could do that redraws the card? I've never played with decals, so I don't know if that would work.