Thread: Feature Request: Toggle-able Always on Object Silhouettes

Feature Request: Toggle-able Always on Object Silhouettes

Mainly for player figures/meeples, but why not make it a Toggle for just about everything? It can be really hard to see the pawns/meeples for many games. Wizards Academy comes to mind -- even the imps can be almost impossible to see for certain rooms (cursed, unstable, awakened), even from an angle. I have resorted to placing them along the top of some rooms so they stand out against the academy's background. When the cursors is hovering over an object or when selecting multiple objects, the silhouette could be double or triple width. Or you could look into a faded silhouette. Either way, trying to see pieces on on the board when not selected can be really hard on the eyes.

I could make you a thing if you wanted. A pad that if you drop a piece onto it, it puts a highlight around that piece. If it sounds like something you may want, follow up with me here or add me on steam to work out the details of how it would work. It would be a fairly easy project for me, and I totally get wanting pieces on the board to stand out =)
    Last edited by MrStump; 10-02-2017 at 01:50 AM.

I would like to see that tool. Could you also make it so that anything in a zone gets the highlight?

That's doable too but wouldn't naturally mesh with this concept.

The basics I had in mind was a pad you place a piece on and it gains a highlight and keeps that highlight because the tool is basically just putting a bit of scripting onto the object. The color of the highlight is the color of the person who dropped it onto the pad. Then if you wanted to remove a highlight, you flip the pad over to the other side and drop the object on and it will remove the perma-highlight.

As for objects in an area, onObjectEnterScriptZone/LeaveScriptZone don't always detect an object if it started in the zone, which makes mid-game load/saves an issue, so you'd need an ongoing monitor style scripot that checks the contents of a script zone once a second and did object.highlightOn(color, 1) and maintained the highlight for 1 second

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    That's doable too but wouldn't naturally mesh with this concept.

The basics I had in mind was a pad you place a piece on and it gains a highlight and keeps that highlight because the tool is basically just putting a bit of scripting onto the object. The color of the highlight is the color of the person who dropped it onto the pad. Then if you wanted to remove a highlight, you flip the pad over to the other side and drop the object on and it will remove the perma-highlight.

As for objects in an area, onObjectEnterScriptZone/LeaveScriptZone don't always detect an object if it started in the zone, which makes mid-game load/saves an issue, so you'd need an ongoing monitor style scripot that checks the contents of a script zone once a second and did object.highlightOn(color, 1) and maintained the highlight for 1 second
    Even easier solution.. make the "pad" your zone (ie highlight when item.resting == pad.touching). And for those items that are away, have a section that can be turned on/off that allows you to have always highlight zone. That way no scripting zone needed.

I made the thing for this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1161734455

There's at least 3 different approaches, and all would work, but I feel like this covers the most ground. Plus it is incredibly simple, so it should be a nice script for people to tinker with to change the functionality around. Having it work on objects in contact with a certain object, like you mention flolania, could be worked in easily (there's already a repeating timer)

Sorry got tied up with work and life! Just hopped in to check on this and WOW someone already created a solution! I just did a couple quick tests with Forbidden Desert and Wizard's Academy and like what I see!! Thank you so much MrStump!!!!!