Thread: Tab length vs real life lengths

Tab length vs real life lengths

While holding tab it gives you numbers right? How do I measure with this? What is the correct conversion rate from the measurements in-game to real life measurements?

1 unit equals 1 inch, it's just in decimal form.

Are you planning to add a "metric system" option (please answer "yes" ^^) ?

I second the "metric system" option if it were possible. =)
    By the way, speaking of the measurement system, I think it would be a good idea that the measurement line and numerical value wouldn't dissapear when we stop pressing Tab. If we can fix the "ruler" somehow, we can use it as a reference to move an element. The way it works now makes it a bit difficult...

Drawnin said

I second the "metric system" option if it were possible. =)
    By the way, speaking of the measurement system, I think it would be a good idea that the measurement line and numerical value wouldn't dissapear when we stop pressing Tab. If we can fix the "ruler" somehow, we can use it as a reference to move an element. The way it works now makes it a bit difficult...

Pick up an object, hold tab, move said object certain distance, release.

That's the way it works in Wild West Shootout anyway.

EDIT: I also +1 to the metric system as it's what I'm most familiar with.

That works, but it's a bit inaccurate, and it doesn't allow you to rotate the view while measuring either.
    An advanced system to measure lengths would be important in some types of games, like wargaming or boules, for example.

Drawnin said

That works, but it's a bit inaccurate, and it doesn't allow you to rotate the view while measuring either.
    An advanced system to measure lengths would be important in some types of games, like wargaming or boules, for example.

Ever tried using WASD to rotate the camera? Right click isn't the only camera control...

It was just an example. A more developed measure system would have another uses besides that one, maybe it would even allow the creation and playing of a whole kind of games in TS.