Thread: My Wizard's Quest game is now available on Steam Workshop

My Wizard's Quest game is now available on Steam Workshop

Wizard's Quest has been an on and off project of mine for the last 30+ years and is now finally available for the rest of the world to play.

I've posted this tutorial video for the game on youtube to cover a few of the main rules and aspects of play.

I'd also love to hear comments from anyone who can be bothered to try either of my games, as my posts on this forum so far have had exactly 0 replies!

This is a link to the Steam Workshop page:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...zard%27s+quest

Awesome.... I'll defiantly give this a go and get back to you!

EDIT: I have watched the video.. and while it is good, it might help if it is a actual tutorial, rather than some examples. You do not even state what the aim of the game is or anteing, just jump right into an example.

I think it is important to encourage original content.. the "real" power of TTS with luck will eventually be for new games all those millions of home brew games sitting on players kitchen tables and never even being tempted at getting published

You should check out a channel called "WATCH IT PLAYED"... try and do something like this. As this is not a "real" game so people are only going to play if they can get into it quickly without a massive manual to read.

Just a thought!
    Last edited by Tragic; 12-08-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

I hear what Tragic is saying. As I watched the video, I was more intreseted in what the goal and spirit of the game were rather than: how do I move a 6 & 3. I think the game could be fun and the polish is quite intrigueing, but the video did not draw me in as I had hoped. The video aside, the work here is very impressive and I am so pleased that you chose TTS to build your game. I hope people dust off their wands & pointy caps and jump into this world.

Thanks for the replies guys.... I hear what you're saying but promoting my work has always been by far my weakest point and that is unlikely to change now.... I'm too old and too tired!!!
    Creating a full tutorial for the game would have taken a lot more work and time and if I'm honest, I really couldn't see the point after my last release! I made a tutorial for my first game, Four Thought and in 6 months on Youtube it has had 23 views. I think my brother posted that video on his Facebook page too and that accounts for over half of those!!!
    I thought this time I would try just covering the bare essentials that people might misunderstand or important rules that might get overlooked rather than spend a lot of time on something that nobody was likely to watch. I couldn't even motivate myself to re-record the terrible audio on this one!!

I released Wizard's Quest on TTS a week before I posted about it here and this tutorial had 2 views in all that time. In the Workshop text I had even pointed out that the tutorial was there too, but still nobody clicked on it.

I think Berserk Games should do a lot more to promote quality original designs by individuals. These games are almost guaranteed to get lost in the sea of pirated commercial games that everyone has heard of and will instantly subscribe to, pushing the unknown games too far down the list to be noticed and never giving them a chance to succeed.

I actually think this will be my last public release on TTS. I've got other designs planned but I'll just keep them hidden in future. I don't have the mental strength for more failure. At least now, two of my games are out there for a few people to enjoy if they want to, rather than just sitting at the bottom of my cupboard, unplayed.

Well, I have a lot of experience with youtube... if you teach me how to play, I could make a video for you if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrilix View Post
    I released Wizard's Quest on TTS a week before I posted about it here and this tutorial had 2 views in all that time. In the Workshop text I had even pointed out that the tutorial was there too, but still nobody clicked on it.
    I agree, but they also have to know it exists... so maybe message some of the developers (by email) and tell them.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

I do pick and post original games in our Spotlight in game each week which garners a lot of traction. I've seen your game and it's been placed on my list!