Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods not Syncing to Multiple PCs

Mods not Syncing to Multiple PCs

Great meeting you all at PAX. I ended up purchasing TTS on my laptop while still on my trip. I subscribed to a lot of workshop mods, and they all synced to my laptop.

When I got home a few days ago, I installed it on my desktop. When I run TTS it says I am only subscribed to 1 workshop mod. I checked, and it does appear I am still subscribed to the mods, but they just aren't syncing to my desktop. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community! Glad to see people actually took notice, I wish I could have been there myself.

To sync up the Workshop mods you need to do the following steps:

Go to this folder on your laptop:
    C:UsersOenDocumentsMy GamesTabletop SimulatorModsWorkshop
    (substitute Oen for your user name, I took a shot in the dark and assumed it was your forum name!)

Copy all of the files on to a pen drive or dropbox or whatever you use.

Go to the same folder on your desktop, then paste all the files inside.

Yes, it's annoying. There should probably be some way for automatic syncing in the future!

Yes, it's annoying. There should probably be some way for automatic syncing in the future!

It's not that it is annoying. It seems like it is a bug. Other games I have sync workshop content to all PCs.

I know how to move files, but there are like... 200 of them, and trying to figure out what I have one each one could be a pain. My point is, going forward, say I add a new mod. Which computer is it going to sync to? Will my desktop download it, and laptop won't? Is it the first PC to load TTS after subscribing?

It gets hard to track, which is why I hope it gets fixed soon (and why I posted about it).

It should be syncing across all computers. Are you logged onto steam when you are playing? Works on both my desktop and laptop. What does it say in chat?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313274269

Laptop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313281571

When you access the subscribed list on the Workshop website it's not properly showing your subscribed, correct? If so this seems to be a problem on Steam's end and all Workshops.

I had a similar issue after reinstalling my OS and then reinstalling steam and installing TTS. At first for a long time I kept reloading into TTS and it didn't sub any mods or update any of the subscribed mods I had. After many restarts of TTS and sitting in TTS for a long time it eventually told me the xxx Subscribed Mods that my old TTS used to say, and seemed to proceed to update them all. I suspect it took a long time because I have soo many subbed.

Have you tried just loading up TTS and let it sit there for a good long while to see if it will eventually sync?

Knil said

When you access the subscribed list on the Workshop website it's not properly showing your subscribed, correct? If so this seems to be a problem on Steam's end and all Workshops.

For me in the steam workshop it was showing my subbed mods when I browsed from the Steam client, but none were showing up in TTS. I had casually tried getting my subbed mods working over a few days by starting up TTS, loading up a mod or two and then quitting. I did that at least a few times over a few different days and TTS didn't give me the messages about xxx Subscribed Mods or anything about updating mods.

Finally today I tried a bit harder and left TTS open for a good long while and it eventually started updating my mods and said the blue xxx Subscribed Mods message and "Mods are up-to-date." Maybe I just wasn't patient enough, but it was not giving me any messages about mods previously.

No such luck. I left it open over 2 hours, on a fast connection with nothing else running. Still only said 1 mod up to date, and when I clicked Steam games it showed an empty window.

What OS are you using on both computers? Also try verifying the integrity of the game.

This issue still occurring after today's patch?

Sorry, I meant to reply to your previous post earlier. I am running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) on my machines.

To answer your question, unfortunately, no. It looks like it is trying though.

Does it spam that forever?

I believe so. It showed that at least foe the 10 minutes I had it open. I couldn't tell if the text kept repeating constantly or if it stopped, because the scroll bar wasn't responding.

Alright, so I subscribed to some more mods. Now I get this shown below. The really bad news is, despite what it says, it won't sync even the new subscribed mods.

Additionally, in case it might help. I have TTS installed on a second drive, using Steam to put it on a different drive. Not sure if that would impact anything. Only thing else that might be different from most users.

Steps I have taken to try to fix it.

I verified the cache again (did it before too), no luck.

I deleted the local content and reinstalled. Again no luck.

Still shows 1 subscribed mods.

Again, my concern is that while I can move the sync files from my laptop to other PCs, it appears at this point the game will ONLY sync on the laptop. Which is going to be troublesome moving forward. Any ways, let me know if I can do anything to test other ideas, or if there are log files I could send. Whatever might help!

Very strange, I'm looking into this.

Still working on my laptop, and it downloaded the new mods too.

Can you try a clean re-install of the game? Also the laptop and your other computer are using the same OS?

I have tried it on three computers, laptop that is working, and two desktops. All three are running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Just deleted and reinstalled on one of the desktops. Same text as this one:

That is so weird, I just tested myself on multiple computers without any issues. I will investigate this issue with Valve. Thanks for the thorough testing.

No problem! Let me know what else I can do to test it further.

Just a follow up. I noticed in Documents/My Games/ that the Tabletop Simulator files weren't being removed when I told Steam to Delete Local Content. I figured maybe files already existing in those directories could be causing a problem. I removed that directory, rebooted, and launched Steam as admin, still no luck though.

Should I delete TTS off my laptop? I am wondering if that will resolve the syncing between my computers. My concern is that it will stop working on all my machines if I do that, so I haven't done it yet. Still might be worth a shot.

Crashed, maybe the log will help.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/qwp75c3dg4b8de0/2014-09-23_113352.zip

Whenever I subscribe, it shows it is trying to download something.

Valve has said they have pushed out a fix for this today, let me know if it is fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast