Thread: "Error Steam share thumbnail: k_EResultFileNotFound" on upload

"Error Steam share thumbnail: k_EResultFileNotFound" on upload

Hello all,

On trying to upload a mod to the workshop, I recieve this error.

Error Steam share thumbnail: k_EResultFileNotFound
    The mod is a language variant of an English mod I successfully uploaded a couple of days ago. I've trued uploading the thumbnail for the mod locally, on the cloud, and using the cloud url of the thumbnail for the successfully uploaded mod. None of these will resolve the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BW

Try loading it to another host like imgur and see if it works. What is the size of the file that you are trying to load?

I've seen this issue when you are trying to reference a photo already used. The image name, link, and or file size must be different or it throws an error. There is no way to reuse a perfectly good image uploaded in a previous upload. One seems forced to upload the same image over and over for the same mod upon each upload which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakisashi View Post
    I've seen this issue when you are trying to reference a photo already used. The image name, link, and or file size must be different or it throws an error. There is no way to reuse a perfectly good image uploaded in a previous upload. One seems forced to upload the same image over and over for the same mod upon each upload which is unfortunate.
    I am having this exact issue as well. I definitely uploaded the same picture twice once and am now getting the "k_EResultFileNotFound"-errors too. Funnily enough, TTS thinks that I have 1 workshop mod subscribed, but I have unsubscribed from all mods (as this was a tip that I got). (pictures: TTS1.JPG & TTS2.JPG).

To add to this: the error number after "k_EResult..." is also different every time from what I have seen.

A friend suggested also deleting any "berserk-games" leftovers that you will still have on your PC (in appdata and regedit), but this also didnt fix the weird invisible workshop mod.
    So far, nothing has really worked. I feel like this might be something stuck between Steam and TTS and no one wants to take responsibility or even is responsible. What I would like to try is a TTS-internal command to remove all workshop mods, but I am too much of a tech-noob to know whats behind all this.