Thread: WWW Image Error

WWW Image Error

There is no pictures on my workshop and saved games. Every time I open my games tab there is red text saying "WWW Image Error: Couldn't read a file:// file" and it appears 5 times. I've tried turning mod caching off, deleting the images folder in the folder of the game, uninstalling then reinstalling but the problem is still there. Sometimes when friends load mods, not all of it loads in for me and they have to reload the game once or twice in order for the whole mod to show up. It just started doing this one day randomly. If someone could help, much appreciated. I have provided an image of the situation.

image error.jpg

Hi

Are you able to provide a clearer picture on imgur or other image related services? It looks like the images are locally hosted? For other people to see them or if the files have been moved to another location they won't load until updated.
    Regards
    Abarden

Yes, of course. Here's the link: https://imgur.com/a/bKcP8

Hi

It appears when the objects, etc were put in the game they only used the local file access and didn't upload the models and images to an external host? Does this happen with every mod/save?
    Regards
    Abarden

Yes. All the games, mods, and even models I've downloaded doesn't show a picture when I'm on the menu.

Hi again,

Can you get a log file and upload it so we can take a look at it. Is your tabletop folder still in Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator or has it been removed?
    Regards
    Abarden

Yes, my folder is still in Documents\My Games\Tabletop Simulator.
    Here's a link to my log: https://pastebin.com/bjNm65Jd

Hi,

Try running "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on steam to see if it fixes/redownloads any missing files.

Best of luck
    Regards
    Abarden

I guess that I have failed to mention in the beginning that I've tried doing that too, several times. I just retried again and still no luck.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was trying to think what could be causing your issue.

Does your folder structure look like this?
    https://gyazo.com/14b2c290d68d15cd8a5cb72c901e1c88

Also try use typing /resetallsaved in chat this resets settings and backend stuff.

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Abarden

Yes, my folder looks exactly like that. I tried the /resetallsaved command in chat, restarted the game, and the only thing it "fixed" was instead of the "WWW Image Error: Couldn't read a file:// file" appearing on the screen it appears only in the game chat.

Make sure your antivirus isn't blocking the game.

Sorry for getting back so late. I checked and everything seems to be fine with that.

It's been a while since I last played Tabletop with this current problem but I logged on today and now something new popped up in the chat along with the "WWW Image Error: Couldn't read a file:// file". It says, "WWW Image Error: 502 Bad Gateway". Also, I was trying to play a new game I had found on the workshop and everything loaded at first except for one image. I reloaded the game and none of the images were showing up again, only the models. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Hi

502 might mean the image/model was taken down or your internet had issues going to that file. On one of the objects that don't load click custom and try and go to your internet browser and open the links that are on the image/model

What results do you get
    Regards
    Abarden

Hello.

For the custom models, when I search for the models on the internet, it downloads it onto my computer. When I bring it up, the model is there. When I search for the image on the internet, it shows up. I did try to look for the image file in the Tabletop Simulator folder under "My Documents" then "My games" but I could not find it. For custom tiles, when I search up the image on the internet, it shows. I did notice that when I spawn my custom saved objects that half works and half doesn't. The model shows up but the image does not. Once again, I search it up online and the image shows up. I decided to remove the image and models folders under the "Mods" folder in the "Tabletop Simulator" under "Documents". I restarted the game and all the models and images now show up but I am still having problems with seeing the images associated with the game itself under the games tab, the problem I had to begin with.

Hi Again,

Try reinstalling the following

Go into programs and features and uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Then RE-install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30679
    Regards
    Abarden

Hello.

I did as you said and still no luck with it.

Please add me to the list of people with identical problems. nothing has solved the problem, nor have I seen anyone complaining of this problem who successfully solved the problem. I am starting to feel scammed...