Thread: Decks with upside-down cards

Decks with upside-down cards

As a Tarot reader, I've imported a Tarot deck into TTS. In Tarot, cards have additional meanings if dealt/laid inverted... in other words, upside-down. In TTS, decks shuffle all cards randomly, but always top-to-bottom orientation. My solution for now is flipping a coin for each drawn card to see if it was "dealt" upside-down or not, but having an option for custom decks to allow shuffles which randomize orientation as well as order would be very handy.

One other work around is to import the deck with the cards inverted as well as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    One other work around is to import the deck with the cards inverted as well as normal.
    Well, if one were to do that, it would be possible to draw the same card twice (one regular, one inverted), which wouldn't happen in a real tarot deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoxtahagen View Post
    As a Tarot reader, I've imported a Tarot deck into TTS. In Tarot, cards have additional meanings if dealt/laid inverted... in other words, upside-down. In TTS, decks shuffle all cards randomly, but always top-to-bottom orientation. My solution for now is flipping a coin for each drawn card to see if it was "dealt" upside-down or not, but having an option for custom decks to allow shuffles which randomize orientation as well as order would be very handy.
    What you could do is use the "leaving container" code. I have seen this used in a cloning code before... basically everytime you take a card from a deck, no matter how.. so with code, or draw number buttons or with a "pull"... you can test for the card leaving the deck and then trigger some code.

I have been having a break from TTS for a while so do not know exactly how to do it with out looking it up... but what you could do is test for the card exiting and then randomly set the orientation. So everytime you draw a card it will either be upside down or not...
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables