Thread: Object-bound Zones

Lightbulb Object-bound Zones

Would be nice to be able to have zones that could be attached to objects.

The idea is that there are many games that have moveable boards or tiles that act as a board and in which it could be useful to have zones move along the with the objects they're bound to. I think this could be applied to all 4 zones (yes even hands, even though that's rarely going to be useful).

As for how it would be done, either adding a contextual menu when right-clicking or maybe allowing the joint tool to attach an object with a zone (that might need a different joint tool as some mods can have a lot of zones occluding the boards). Ideally, the zones attached could be off to the side of the object (and not necessarily on top of it).

I'm not 100% sure what you mean.. but zones can be moves and scaled with scripting. It would not be hard to add some kind of timer that checks the local positon of the object self.getPosition() and use it to move the script zones or hidden zones or w/e base on that. The end result would be a objects that you an place anywhwere in the scene and all the "zones" attached to it will always be placed relative to that.

The down side, is as far as I know, you can not "spawn" hidden / script / hand zones.. only move them. Though you can use scripts to "put" hidden zones in bags.. maybe it works with scripts. (See Stumps Memory Bag)
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

That is a good point. Potentially since you can't spawn them, it could be a decent amount of work to implement. Would still be nice to have but I guess lower priority since it IS already achievable.

Also, I never know what kind of refresh rate i should put on timers because idk how taxing they are. Can you make them really short without having to worry, or should you be a bit conservative with them?

I use 1 second timers on most of my mods.. heavy mods I pump that up a little... but if you think about what TTS is doing compared to other modern games like Farcry or w/e it is pretty minimal. Even low end potatoes should be able to run most TTS stuff with no issue I would suspect. It is hard for me to say as my computer gets upgraded now and then or replaced every 5-8 years.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Btw, you can kind of create a temporary trigger zone by "casting". it's at least useful for finding objects in relation to whatever is casting. See documentation here