Thread: Support for Video Maps.

Support for Video Maps.

Some people are making video based maps now.

Would be nice if TTS supported them.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z6Mkfetay8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkVVLYdJ8oM

See their YouTube channels for more examples.

I mean you could use the tablet and youtube to play these videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    I mean you could use the tablet and youtube to play these videos.
    That doesn't really do anything.

We would need to be able to load the video maps as a "custom table".

You can easily resize the tablet to be the size of a table. A table is just another object.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbleed View Post
    That doesn't really do anything.

We would need to be able to load the video maps as a "custom table".
    I think that does quite a lot.

The only improvement that I could think of might be to create a switch that makes the tablet surface uninteractable, to prevent people from pausing the animation accidentally.

Thanks for the head's up guys. I didn't know you could do that.

I purchased TTS to follow development... hoping to see more RPG specific Virtual Table Top features implemented over time so it can compete more directly with Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, & Maptool.

While they do a lot of things that TTS doesn't, none of those VTT's can currently support these new "living maps".

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
    The only improvement that I could think of might be to create a switch that makes the tablet surface uninteractable, to prevent people from pausing the animation accidentally.
    That would be pretty essential.

Showing the image without the header/footer would be nice, too. It kind of wrecks the mood when it looks like a giant browser.

Anything that would make using these maps easier and more intuitive would be appreciated... I mean, I'm not even sure how you got it to look the way you did. I can deploy the tablet, make it real big sitting on top of the table, but it certainly doesn't "fit" into the table like your screenshot indicates. Which means that there is a process to do that that is not "obvious"... certainly not as obvious as dropping a static map image on a table and playing. And when I try to move tokens on the tablet, I find it's problematic, too... not functioning at all like when I have a table with a map image in it (probably has something to do with how you've got yours inset in the table.)

Anyway, the good thing is that the technical capability seems to be there... now it just needs to be presented in a more "intentional" and useful way.

I put the tablet into the table by using the "Gizmo" tool. It is almost at the bottom of the tool list on the left. Lock the tablet first, then select gizmo and click on it (preferably on the border, not on the screen). Then you will see some arrows which you can click and hold to precisely move it how you want. The adress you could hide by putting something on it, like a board or some tiles maybe.

Thinking about it, I could probably make a special table for you that is streamlined for use with a tablet as playing surface. Should be pretty easy. Add me on steam and we can talk about it. My profile.