Thread: Update v10.8 Give Host, New File Browser, Split Stack, Lots of Scripting Improvements

Update v10.8 Give Host, New File Browser, Split Stack, Lots of Scripting Improvements

Last edited by Knil; 08-17-2018 at 03:31 PM.

All my sacritps are erroring after this update... getting "nil errors and "attempt to perform operations with resources owned by different scripts"

Is the new "wait" function called wait().. as in all scripts on workshop that use wait(n) as a custom function now error?

My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

I'm not sure this is a error in the update... It seems that ther eis some jiggeling with how the mods load.. I moved some stuff around and these went away....

Are you still getting issue after the latest hotfixes?

I'm not sure... I patched out my own mods... I thought I fixed them.. maybe the hotfix did.... but they seem to be working now.

The erorrs were happening as I was using a control object that other objects referenced with getVar and call().. I added code to see if the object existed before doing the call.. and if not to try again.. this fixed it.. I assumed it was some kind of loading issue where one object was loading before the control object had.

Hey I noticed this issue was listed as being Hotfixed on the steam forum: "Hotfix v10.8.1 Fixed scripting issue with object.call() not working." I'm not sure if it really is fixed yet because I am having the same exact issue with my mod. It has to do with objects referencing other objects scripts. Using object.call() method seems to be broken still.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
    Hey I noticed this issue was listed as being Hotfixed on the steam forum: "Hotfix v10.8.1 Fixed scripting issue with object.call() not working." I'm not sure if it really is fixed yet because I am having the same exact issue with my mod. It has to do with objects referencing other objects scripts. Using object.call() method seems to be broken still.
    Can you post the code snippet or the save file so I can debug the issue?