Thread: DllNotFoundException: discord-rpc

DllNotFoundException: discord-rpc

I've been using TTS on my Macbook Pro for a while now, no problems. Just had a good time with it last night, but whenever I try to turn it on this evening, it plays the logo, goes through the loading screen, shows the main menu JUST long enough to play the first note of the menu music, and then immediately shuts down. No freezing, no error report, no weird sounds or visuals, no warning; the game just automatically quits as soon as it opens.

I tried accessing the logs, and it looks like whenever the program tries to open I get this:

Fallback handler could not load library /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/discord-rpc
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libdiscord-rpc.dylib
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libdiscord-rpc.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator.app/Contents/Frameworks/MonoEmbedRuntime/osx/libdiscord-rpc.bundle

It keeps trying to load those four libraries over and over in different orders, then finally says:

DllNotFoundException: discord-rpc
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) DiscordRpc:UpdatePresence (DiscordRpc/RichPresence&)
    at DiscordController.OnDisable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've looked for the libraries in the location it's checking, and they ain't there. All I'm seeing are "libmono.0.dylib" and "libMonoPosixHelper.dylib"

I've restarted several times, I've reinstalled the game repeatedly, I've verified the files on Steam, I've updated to OSX 10.10.5, I've reinstalled Steam, all to no avail. The only thing that seems to let the game run is to start it with "-nosteam" in the launch options, and though that lets the program stay open, it prevents me from actually doing anything with it, since I can't join or create a game without Steam enabled.

I'm not the best with computers, and for all I know this is a simple problem, but it all seems a little over my head. Does anyone here know what might be causing this problem or how I can fix it?

Guess I'm even less tech savvy then I thought. It seems 10.10.5 was only the newest version of "Yosemite", and OSX has since moved on through "El Capitan" and into "High Sierra," currently in version 10.13.5. Upgrading my operating system seems to have solved the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

...On a related note, how do I change the title of this thread to indicate that the problem is fixed?