Thread: Feedback for Wizard's Academy

Feedback for Wizard's Academy

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the DLC, however I've found it mildly irritated how there are some text issues with game elements. I know that most of those are nitpicking, but I hope they'll be resolved eventually.

1. Spells and Botches of Levels 3 and 4 don't have names for easy private searching. Every other card in the DLC has a name.
    2. Several punctuation mistakes in Note (big board under the rooms), and a "there" instead of "their" in the Note's description. (Rooms can be individually rotated at any time by changing there state.)

Other than those two things and some other minor text mistakes in the Notepad, the DLC is practically perfect. I've been very excited to get my hands on Wizard's Academy and had a lot of fun with friends playing it! I haven't done many scenarios yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to complete them all with time, and I'm looking forward to doing so.

Thanks For The FeedBack Plat251

This is just the sort of information we're looking for when a DLC is released

If you can spare the time to highlight "All" the errors you've spotted it would really help a lot.. these sorts of mistakes are easy to fix during one of the routine updates as its effectively just a .JSON edit.

The trick is finding them

I'll take that as an invitation to nitpick so that everything can be perfectly perfect.

Cards:
    1. Level 3 & 4 Botches and Spells don't have names.
    2. Level 4 Disaster "Invasions" is named "Invasion".
    Note board item:
    3. "Rooms can be individually rotated at any time by changing there state." - "there" instead of "their".
    4. "Randomly rotate all the rooms by group selecting the group tiles and tapping R" - missing a period at the end.
    In Notebook:
    5. "3: To Randomise the rooms in the Academy. Ensure only room tiles are present on the game board then Double tap "F4" and right click on the Randomise zone that appears." - I believe it would be appropriate to use a comma instead of a period between words "Academy" and "Ensure", and I don't think word "Double" should be capitalized.
    6. "Rooms can be individually rotated at any time by changing there state." - double space between words "be" and "individually", "there" instead of "their".
    7. "After the rooms have been set, place the Mana well in the centre of the Mana Crystal room and draw from it as and when Mana is expended." - word "Well" in "Mana Well" is not capitalized.
    8. "If the Supply of Mana should ever fall to Zero....You have lost the Game." - four periods in a row doesn't look nice.
    9. "If the Progression deck is also empty the Academy crumbles and the game is lost." - I think a comma is missing between words "Empty" and "The Academy".
    10. "12: Please Consult the Core Rule Book and Grimoire for comprehensive instructions on preparing and playing Wizards Academy." - I don't think word "Consult" has to be capitalized, and "Wizard's Academy" is missing an apostrophe.

There you go! I may not be right in every case, but here's a list of things I consider mistakes so far. I'll edit this post if I find anything else.

Thanks for laying that all out - this has been updated in yesterday's patch.

Fun game. Pretty nice set up although I was unable to find any corridor tiles to make it easier to mark adjoining rooms. Is their a bag of them somewhere?

I ended up making an infinite bag of Brown Rectangles (still need to try and turn off physics for them though) which I am using as corridor markers but it would helpful to have a official one.

Hey Dragen 3 Welcome to the community

The corridors are on the board between the rooms already.

Corridors start locked and face down. mouse over them then Press L to unlock and then F to flip them

hope that helps

It does help. Thank you for letting me know how to use them. Might want to include information about them in the Notebook that discuses randomizing and rotatating rooms.

I added that information to the Notebook in today's update, thanks!