Thread: Server uptime in game browser

Server uptime in game browser

Hardly no one changes the "looking for players" indicator which makes it hard to determine if you could catch a game before it started. Showing how long a server has been open could be an additional good indicator to if you would likely be able to join before the game began.

I kinda like that idea but one problem is what if they finished a game and are playing another? The real problem here is players not activating/deactivating the "looking for players" toggle correctly.

Therefore, I think a better solution to the problem would be exposing access to the "looking for players" toggle in scripting. That would let a mod automatically set the "looking for players" to false once you've clicked some sort of "start game" or "set-up" button, and you could have it set "looking for players" to true once the mod is re-loaded in.

Oh wait! Turns out that's already in there! Players/mod makers just need to start using that in their mods! https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/ba...obal-functions

the only way this ever gonna get used, is if it's placed in top right corner with the current players, as a toggle button "Looking for players ON"/"Looking for players OFF"

no one want's to go through 10 submenus to toggle it

I do like that suggestion actually. BTW you can build that currently with the Custom UI but it should be a default UI element so that players actually notice it and think about it.