Thread: Unique Backs bug?

Unique Backs bug?

Version of game: v11.0.1
    Running on: Windows 10

Encountering a bizarre bug with unique backs. Basically, if a card with a unique back interacts with a deck that has no unique backs, the unique back will break and show its "hidden" back instead. However, this will only happen under specific conditions. It requires either the deck its shuffled into to be newly created, the card itself be newly created, or both. Additionally, the cards in the deck have to come from two distinct imports (so different cards from any two different deck images), but only sometimes. The non-unique-back deck images potentially also have to be different dimensions from the unique-back deck images, but I'm not sure if this is a requirement or not.

Old cards in old decks, from before the introduction of this bug, are completely unaffected, which is probably how this has gone under the radar, its broken nothing that already exists.

Full explanation of the bug: (I'll be a bit wordy to hopefully make sure it's 100% clear what's happening. I hope.)
    -If I shuffle a newly made custom unique-backed card into a new custom non-unique-backed deck, if the the unique back is replaced by the hidden back.

-If I shuffle an old custom unique-backed card into a new custom non-unique-backed deck, the unique back is replaced by the hidden back.

-If I shuffle a new custom unique-backed card into an old custom non-unique-backed deck, the unique back is replaced by the hidden back, but only if the old decks have cards from two or more unique deck imports.

-But if I shuffle an old custom unique-backed card into an old custom non-unique-backed deck, the unique back is preserved. No bug occurs.

-However, if I shuffle a card that's effected by this bug into an old custom non-unique-backed deck with only cards that originate from a single import, the unique back is restored. The cards restored this way still suffer from the bug if put back into a deck that will trigger it.

I can at least confirm that this isn't some local visual issue, as another person I was playing online with was also experiencing this problem.

This has been a real headache while I've been working on some workshop content, so I'm really hoping this isn't some arcane bug that's hard to fix lol.

Digging in .json files lead to me finding the cause of this issue:

HideWhenFaceDown set to true causes this bug, and something is enabling this automatically when it wasn't happening in older patches. Modifying the file to set all instances to false fixes this bug.

I am having a similar issue in version 12.0.4 with combine two different unique decks.