Thread: How cn I combine some mods from the Steam Workshop?

How cn I combine some mods from the Steam Workshop?

Hi there

I downloaded some Tabletop Simulator to fit some holes the RPG Kit has (I need some figurines for NPCs and more tiles), so I downloaded three mods. Unfortunately, whenever I load one of the mods, I can't load another mod without "un-loading" the first mod. How can I combine them so I can use them altogether with the base RPG Kit?

Thank you all

PD: Sorry for the typo in the title :/

As it currently stands you can't load more than one mod but there is a work around (tedious).

Load a mod you want to add to the RPG one and then right click all the pieces you want to add to your base mod and choose "save to chest", or whatever it says. Name is something obvious so you can identify it later and maybe use an a_ or 1_ in front to make all items from a mod group together for ease later.

Once you have done this with all the pieces of mods you want to add, you simply open up the main mod and then from host menu open up chest and choose "saved objects" now you can drop each one into the mod.

Once you have added them all to the mod you can set it up like you want and save it so you can later open it up. You could also upload it to workshop as a private mod and then you can access it anytime from your workshop. I wouldn't make it public unless the original mods authors give you permission to combine their content.

Grendal said

As it currently stands you can't load more than one mod but there is a work around (tedious).

Load a mod you want to add to the RPG one and then right click all the pieces you want to add to your base mod and choose "save to chest", or whatever it says. Name is something obvious so you can identify it later and maybe use an a_ or 1_ in front to make all items from a mod group together for ease later.

Once you have done this with all the pieces of mods you want to add, you simply open up the main mod and then from host menu open up chest and choose "saved objects" now you can drop each one into the mod.

Once you have added them all to the mod you can set it up like you want and save it so you can later open it up. You could also upload it to workshop as a private mod and then you can access it anytime from your workshop. I wouldn't make it public unless the original mods authors give you permission to combine their content.

Thank you, I'm gonna try this right now

Another way to do this is you can load individual items from a save by hitting the expand arrow on the save button, then spawning what you need. So you don't have to save each item to your chest.

Knil said

Another way to do this is you can load individual items from a save by hitting the expand arrow on the save button, then spawning what you need. So you don't have to save each item to your chest.

Thank you too. I finally did it like Grendal said, but this is going to be useful if someone has eventually the same problem as me. The solution of Grendal worked, but this should be faster

I think you could also load one mod, select everything from it, copy, load the other mod, and then paste it. Never tried bulk copy/pasting, so I'm not actually certain if it'd work (if it doesn't, imo it should).

Another solution that i heard from one of our roleplayers is that they used the loot bags to throw everything in the mod into the bag and then copy it over like NightCrest is saying. That way you have a neat mode of transport.

NightCrest said

I think you could also load one mod, select everything from it, copy, load the other mod, and then paste it. Never tried bulk copy/pasting, so I'm not actually certain if it'd work (if it doesn't, imo it should).

I think there's a cap limit, so if there's too many items you would either have to do that multiple times or just use the loot bag suggestion.

Or you could just spawn everything in from the save menu if you don't want to switch back and forth.