Thread: Cannot connect to certain hosts/Friends cannot join my server

Cannot connect to certain hosts/Friends cannot join my server

Hello, so i've tried all the fixes people suggested and any i found here on forums, but nothing seems to help.

I port forwarded 11155
    I am sure neither antivirus or firewall is blocking my connection
    I'm not in DMZ, its disabled
    Was working with hamachi installed, tried to delete it, did not changed anything.
    Weird thing is, I was able to host server for friends once, they connected (before port forwarding etc.), but few days after they couldn't, they just get stuck on connecting to ....

I can connect to some hosts, maybe they have same problem as not everyone can connect to them or something.
    The friend who cannot connect to game hosted by me, can join the game hosted by some other random people, same as I.

ISP: Omnitel (Telia Sonera)

Same exact problem here... Seems like an ongoing issue. I have completely disconnected my router because even after opening ports/dmz/anything I was still unable to connect to most games, and cannot host.

No router, no firewall, no hamachi, no tunngle, no vpns, still same problem... What is going on with the network connections? None of the previous things running, no antivirus or anything, tried from two different computers on my network and still limited nat punchthrough capabilities.

Try manually port forwarding then disabling NAT Punchthrough when hosting.

Knil said

Try manually port forwarding then disabling NAT Punchthrough when hosting.

As i wrote in topic, i have tried that and it does not help

New developments, if me and my friends install hamachi and go into same network (virtual LAN, guess it should work in normal LAN too), we can connect to each other and host games just fine. I have talked with other people, they said before NAT there was no problems, after NAT it got worse, they cannot host a game (people just cannot connect to them) or connect to certain hosts themselves.

Bump.

Nothing new? No plans on solving these issues on newer releases?

Or maybe its not gonna happen and people with external (don't know if this is the right term) IP's wont get normal connections and we should just roll with it, use hamachi which makes game almost unplayable due to incredible lag/ping for people who join.

Hey Zazas,

Sorry to hear you been having so much trouble hosting games; its a real shame when someone is willing to go through the steps of port forwarding and still having issues.

Networking can be such a pain and we even see it as an issue with AAA games now and days that are still struggling to resolve most issues, but with that said while you are having trouble you still should give merit that knil has done work with the NAT punchthrough to make improvements as recent as December, all and all networking has always been an odd can of worms that really has so many variables that are outside of the hands of the devs and even the players for that matter when dealing with different routers and isp's dictating what traffic gets to be passed and what doesnt.

While they continue to make updates here, I can assure you that the devs are not sitting on their hands and are constantly trying to improve both the game aspects and connection issues so that all people can enjoy the game that they love and have been working so hard to share with other people.

We have some connection improvements coming out with v4.0.

Very nice to hear that
    Keep em updates and content coming and have fun doing that ^^

Yeah, problem still exists (patch 4.1). Connecting from steam friends returns same error: Nat punchthrough failed.

We've got some plans for connection issues, but it will take time to implement. We just ask you are patient while we get things setup.

Hi there! Our latest update v4.4 focused on Connection Issues. Please check out the full update here and see if you guys can get it all working properly.

If you had problems hosting in the past, you can now check the proxy server box & disable nat punchthrough and everyone will be able to join you. If you are trying to join others, they will have to have done the same (check the proxy server box & disable nat punchthrough). In the future we're hoping to have this done automatically. We just have to take it one step at a time to make sure it's working properly and effectively.

Thanks and let us know!