Thread: Freezes on Linux

Freezes on Linux

Connected to a multiplayer game on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, all the graphics load. Game locks up pretty consistently a few minutes later, no matter what resolution or whether it's windowed or not.

tried force-opengl, didn't help

Having the same issue.
    Singleplayer works, Multiplayer crashes pretty soon after anyone joins the lobby consistently.

Log file attached as zip file because of forum text file size limit.
    KUbuntu 18.04, Nvidia GeForce 1070 Ti, Driver 430.09
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where are you finding the log file? I have -log as a launch option, but it's not showing up in ~/.config/unity3d/Berserk Games/Tabletop Simulator

I used the /log command ingame after I hosted an empty multiplayer server. It should say something along the line of "Log mode: True" when used. Then I got a friend to join and spawn a bunch of random items until I froze and had to force close the game.

Just got the game and am experiencing this as well. Everything works fine in single player, or in a multiplayer game before anyone joins, but after someone joins Ill always get a freeze within a few minutes.

Running Arch Linux with KDE plasma and an AMD RX580.

This game was working perfectly for about a year now for weekend D&D sessions and it is now freezing every 5-10 minutes. It seems to work OK in single player mode. The problem seemed to start with the 12.0 update.

Ubuntu 19.04
    Gnome 3.32.1
    Intel i7-6700K using 530 integrated graphics

They just released an update for Linux that puts the game in debug mode to try to figure out what's going on. I recommend updating and trying to trigger the crash so we can hopefully get this fixed quickly

Ah, I found it, it's under ~/.config/unit3d/Editor, not the TTS folder.

This is the last thing recorded before complete lockup
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Transparent/Cutout/Specular IBL' - All passes removed
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/X/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/Mono/libKernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/X/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/X/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/Mono/Kernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/X/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/Mono/libKernel32
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/X/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Tabletop Simulator_Data/Mono/libKernel32.so

I got it to lock up when trying to leave a game:
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Global Scripts') is missing!

(Filename: ./Runtime/Mono/ManagedMonoBehaviourRef.cpp Line: 333)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

It doesn't seem to print anything right at the moment it locks up. But this usually shows up right before:

Couldn't extract exception string from exception of type StackOverflowException (another exception of class 'NullReferenceException' was thrown while processing the stack trace)

Yup, Im getting the exact same crash with the stack overflow

Same problem here!
    Running on Xubuntu 18.04

Do you guys know if the debug setting ships the logs to berserk automatically? Or do we have to send it to them manually?

Quote Originally Posted by algebro View Post
    Do you guys know if the debug setting ships the logs to berserk automatically? Or do we have to send it to them manually?
    No idea.

Got an update from @Knil on discord today:

"We are still working on the Linux crashes it’s quite difficult of an issue that might be engine related"

"The logging was not very useful unfortunately because the stack trace ends up triggering another exception"

We were able to figure out the source of the crashes! The devs just pushed a change that disables the built in voicechat for Linux, which resolved the crashes for several of us when we were testing
    Last edited by algebro; 05-15-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Awesome! I usually hop on Google Hangouts anyway.