Thread: Consistent crashing on loading screen

Consistent crashing on loading screen

[SOLVED]

Hi.
    Since the latest update I have not been able to get past the loading screen once. I get:

WARNING: BC6H/BC7 texture format is not supported, decompressing texture
    Crash!!!

in the output_log. The stack trace says "Attempt to access invalid address". Any help would be appreciated. If I need to post more information I will. Not sure how to attach the crash.dmp and the error file is too big. I have attached the output_log in three parts so it fits under the file size limit.

I have restarted my computer, deleted and reinstalled the game, verified integrity of game files, tried the "-screen-width 800 -screen-height 600", "-nosubscription", “-notablet”, “-nothreading”, and "-novid" launch options, and all my drivers are up to date. I tried deleting and reinstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86" but there are tons of different versions/years so I'm not sure which to do. It could be all of them? Not sure how that would impact other games/applications. I'm not sure what else to do and I'm really saddened that I can't play this great game anymore.

If steam is not running on my computer then I can launch the game no problem. Obviously this doesn't solve anything but it's another clue. The "-nosteam" launch option also gets the same result. I reinstalled the game with a fresh install of steam and that seems to have solved my issue. The issue was with steam, for posterity.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wasphilux; 05-25-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Fixed Issue