Thread: Visibility By Player

Visibility By Player

It has been a while since I did scripting for TTS.

We are considering using TTS for some online D&D roleplaying. I would like to know if it is possible to make some objects visible only to some players but not others. For example, as the GM I would like to layout the bad guys but have them hidden from the other players. Ideally I would like to be able to move such hidden objects in cases where the players do know where the bad guys are but the bad guys need to move around.

I recall that TTS had an option to make regions which then make anything inside them only visible to a specific player. Does this mean I would need to make such regions around the character and adjust those regions when the hidden character is moved...or is there an easier way?

You can make objects hidden (like in a hand zone, e.g. hidden card face) or invisible (like in a hidden zone) using a set of functions documented here: https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/ob...nction-details

They work per object and can set visibility per player color so with some effort you can precisely control what players have access to.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.