Thread: View Attached Buttons

View Attached Buttons

As far as I can tell buttons can be added to the Table or to objects on the table. However, is there a way to attach buttons to a view to be able to create menus (such as the Tabletop Simulator built in menu)?

We are planning to use TTS for some roleplaying. I would like to add buttons for various player actions but if I add the buttons to the player figures then their orientation may not be correct depending on which angle the player is viewing the scene from. In addition, placing the buttons around the player figures means that the buttons are likely to conflict with other elements on the board since during combats the players and foes are close together.

Instead, I would prefer to have a side menu of buttons which would always be oriented to face the player no matter how the player rotates (i.e. like the built in TTS menus). Even if such a implementation limited the menu to one player's figure at a time (although with some creative scripting it might be possible to implement player specific menus), I would prefer this over buttons attached to the player figure.

Attaching the buttons to the table is not an option because if the players zoom in on some part of the table, the menu would become unavailable (i.e. it would be there but not in view so that the buttons could be pressed).

XML UI can create elements on object-space (when inside object xml) and on screen-space (when inside Global.xml), see some example here: https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/ui...UI/#example-ui

Quote Originally Posted by dzikakulka View Post
    XML UI can create elements on object-space (when inside object xml) and on screen-space (when inside Global.xml), see some example here: https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/ui...UI/#example-ui
    Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.