Thread: Intractable vs Lock

Intractable vs Lock

The right click context menu has a Lock property which locks the object from being selected.
    The right click context menu does not have an intractable property.

The Objects, in Scripting, do not expose a lock property.
    The Objects, in Scripting, do have an intractable property.

These two seem to perform the same/similar functions but they don't seem to be the same property (i.e. setting intractable in scripting does not set lock).

What is the difference between the two and why aren't both properties exposed in both cases?

Through scripting locking is controlled with "obj.setLock(bool)" and read with "obj.getLock()". Don't ask me why one is property and the other a method tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dzikakulka View Post
    Through scripting locking is controlled with "obj.setLock(bool)" and read with "obj.getLock()". Don't ask me why one is property and the other a method tho.
    Thanks. This is not documented in the new API documentation. Any idea what the difference between intractable=false and setLock(false) is?

It is documented, setLock here: https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/object/#set-functions and interactable here: https://api.tabletopsimulator.com/ob...mber-variables

Lock is what happens when you press L on an object, it doesn't move and can't be grabbed but you can still right click and interact with it or select it holding ALT.

Uninteractable means completely disabling user interaction, can't be selected, grabbed, clicked or anything.

I could have sworn that wasn't there when I looked. Odd. Thanks in any case.