Custom asset animated characters use the AssetBundle.playLoopingEffect() and AssetBundle.playTriggerEffect() functions. Where the parameter to the function is the index of the animation to be played.

However, the stock RPG animated characters that come with TTS do not use these methods. They use RPGFigurine.attack(), RPGFigurine.die() and RPGFigurine.changeMode().

This means that if a user creates a workshop, such as my RPG Framework, which links actions (such as die rolls) to character animations the scripts either need to detect and support both method calls or the framework cannot use AssetBundle animated characters and stock RPG animated characters interchangeably.

I believe that the AssetBundle methods are the better solution since they support an unlimited (or nearly so) number of animations where as the RPGFigurine methods have methods for specific actions (i.e. do not have support for other action's animations).

For my AssetBundle characters, I always use:

Looping Effect 1: Idle
Looping Effect 2: Ready
Looping Effect 3: Die
Looping Effect 4: Walk
Triggering Effect 1: Attack

Any additional animations I include beyond those so that TTS standard actions are always found at the same animation indexes. This means that you can interchange AssetBundle characters, who use the same numbering scheme, without issue.

It would be nice for the TTS RPG animated characters to support the AssetBundle methods and it would be nice for TTS to define a guideline of the most common animations with corresponding animation indexes (such as the one above). By doing so, if the standard is followed, the animated character would be interchangeable with animated characters in other workshops.