Thread: Need an ELI5 tutorial for models, if actually possible.

Need an ELI5 tutorial for models, if actually possible.

So,

Together with a friend group I got a Formula D tournament running. On the workshop I found 'skins' for the models that resemble realistic teams.My question is: How would I go about customizing these? Can be as simple as changing yellow to blue. But I like the higher detail on them and would love to customize those.With the standard models you could sorta do it in game but they don't look as cool, nor do they have multiple colors.
    Meshes get built into the shape that you want, then "uv unwrapped" to use a texture. UV unwrapping is kinda like making a papercraft model of something. Basically you tell it which part of the textures each face should use. UV unwrapping can be a chore, but your models will most likely already be uv unwrapped to use the texture that they came with.https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

Any ideas?
    Last edited by reo99; 08-25-2019 at 03:09 PM.

In TTS objects are either stock objects, custom static objects or assetBundles.

Stock objects are objects that come with TTS. These are pre-built and, as far as I know, there is no easy way to get mesh or texture objects.
    Custom static objects are imported into TTS using an OBJ file and other optional files like texture, bump and collider files.
    AssetBundle objects are static or animated objects which are packed into an assetBundle to allow easy import of multiple objects at once.

If the desired object is a Custom Static object, right click it and select Custom. In the Custom Model dialog you should see a link to the Image/Diffuse file. Copy it and paste it into a regular web browser. This should allow you to download the texture file. Now edit the texture file in a image editing program. Save the results. Back in the Custom Model, click the select button beside Image/Diffuse and select the newly modified file. Select Cloud when prompted with Cloud or Local. Press the Import button to update the model with the new texture.

If the desired object is a Custom AssetBundle, right click it and select Custom. In the Custom Asset Bundle dialog you should see a link to the assetBundle file. Copy it and paste it into a regular web browser. This should allow you to download the assetBundle file. Open it in Unity and modify the textures as desired. Create a new assetBundle. Back in the Custom Asset Bundle, click the select button beside the AssetBundle entry and select the newly modified assetBundle file. Select Cloud when prompted with Cloud or Local. Press the Import button to update the model with the new assetBundle.