Thread: Trouble with colliders -- how to get objects to fall into a box?

Trouble with colliders -- how to get objects to fall into a box?

I'm trying to create a box to contain game objects. It must be quite simple but I haven't got it yet. I imported an open wooden crate object, basically a cube with the top missing. When I dropped objects onto it, they just sat where the top would be. So I made a collider mesh, attached it to the crate when importing, and checked "non-convex." But objects still sit on top. They cast a shadow on the bottom of the box, but they don't fall in. What simple factor am I missing? Thanks. temp collider import dialog.jpgcollider problem.jpg

I think there may be a bug in TTS related to this. I had a similar issue to this when I made a wall and floor tile (basically a L shaped bracket). Even though the Collider matched the mesh, TTS was modifying the collider shape as if it was a ramp.

Possible Workaround: If you don't care about collisions with the walls of the box, add a flat tile Collider. This worked for me. But, of course, that doesn't work for all content.

Thanks. I might try a flat collider, but it would be strange to have the pieces able to fly through the walls. I suppose that wouldn't happen as long as the lift height is higher than the walls of the box.

Are you just using the Model Import? If so, you can also try making the same object as a Unity assetBundle to see if that gives different results.