Thread: Game Won't Launch

Game Won't Launch

I've tried all of the relevant suggestions to fix the problem, including verifying the integrity of the game cache, updating my drivers for my computer, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86), disabling anti-virus software, and setting the launch options of the game to -screen-width 800 -screen-height 600. That last attempted fix was just to try it, even though I'm not getting a crash on start up mentioning resolution. What I'm getting is a small launch window that pops up and has an exclamation point over the game icon with the loading bar underneath. The window quickly closes before the bar reaches full. I don't know what this means or how to fix this problem, but it's frustrating because I just bought this and need to use it soon for prototyping purposes. Please help.

Computer specs:
    Microprocessor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.2GHz
    System Memory: 8 GB
    System Board: 17F9 10.5A
    System BIOS: F.1B

Error window:
    Screenshot (4).jpg

You have a 64 bit computer and thus you can try installing both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). I'm not sure that is going to help but I know for some other software it was recommended to install both x86 and x64 versions of the Redistributable Package.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAshes View Post
    You have a 64 bit computer and thus you can try installing both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). I'm not sure that is going to help but I know for some other software it was recommended to install both x86 and x64 versions of the Redistributable Package.
    Did that and am getting the same error window on launch.

Screenshot (5).jpg

There's something unique to this game that's causing the problem, because no other game I've installed has had a launch issue.