Thread: [v5.1] Custom Dice

[v5.1] Custom Dice

I would like to see a custom dice tool in line with the deck builder.

Also +1.
    Like board games? Then check this out!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MadLadDesigns/

1+ I can make dice and stuff as a 3dmodeller, but how about the people who dont understand or dont have the time to make models and textures? It would make life easier for everyone if this was an option.
    Steam: =AJSA= Moneyman12167Casey - http://steamcommunity.com/id/moneyman12167/

Quote Originally Posted by madmon121 View Post
    1+ I can make dice and stuff as a 3dmodeller, but how about the people who dont understand or dont have the time to make models and textures? It would make life easier for everyone if this was an option.
    Like me
    Like board games? Then check this out!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MadLadDesigns/

Also +1. One way to do this would be to create a blank die and allow pictures to be uploaded for each side.
    Last edited by atheist4thecause; 03-29-2015 at 06:36 PM.

yes, you could add it into the "Custom" section of the Chest, or put it under "Dice", and just make "Custom" a selection along with "Plastic" and "Metal". When selected, just ask for a Die template image, which could be oriented many ways, but a few common I've found are:
    1wXglDa.png.
    These are only for 6 sides, of course. So if someone wanted a custom d4, d8, d10, d12, or d20, you'd have to figure out a different template for it.

Custom dice have been added to our latest update v5.1!

When you click on "custom" in the chest menu, you will find the option for custom dice in there just like for decks, etc.

Hi! Where can I find the templates to be used for the custom dice in the chest menu?

Hey Vicco1

The templates are not accessed through the chest Menu.

instead look in here..... Steam > steamapps > common > Tabletop Simulator > Modding > Dice Templates

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky seven View Post
    Hey Vicco1

The templates are not accessed through the chest Menu.

instead look in here..... Steam > steamapps > common > Tabletop Simulator > Modding > Dice Templates

hope that helps
    Found it! Thank you very much!!

instead look in here.....Steam > steamapps > common > Tabletop Simulator > Modding > Dice Templates
    How do I get there? Forum does not have a Steam section so "look in here" does not seem to refer to the Forum. I my actual Steam application, I don't see any menu or similar to navigate "Steam > steamapps > common > Tabletop Simulator > Modding > Dice Templates". Can anyone please explain the reference?

Update: Figured it out. The above reference is a DIRECTORY reference on your LOCAL MACHINE. The templates are located in the "steamapps/common/Tabletop Simulator/Modding/Dice Templates" sub-folder of where-ever you installed Steam.