Thread: Touch/Tablet Support

Touch/Tablet Support

Hi and congratulations on your game so far! Next week I'll be getting a Windows Tablet and I was wondering how possible it would be to have touch support so I can play with my friends when we go out somewhere. If that case is or not possible, I would like to hear the difficulties regarding the idea. Thanks!

It's not available right now, but it's something that we will be working on in the future. No ETA though as the focus right now is on the PC version.

Thanks.

That's great to know. Many thanks!

I also would like to know, when you plan to work in the mobile version of the game.
    Thanks

This is the same answer as I previously stated as they are correlated. Thanks!

I think the first thing would be for the mobile app to be a client of the main game. That is to say it is used to interact with the game and prevents players from seeing other players cards/etc. The full game could be projected from a monitor/TV (again hiding select information).

Lightbulb Add mobile support via iOS 11 ARKit

Some challenges of implementing a good user experience on mobile devices might be addressed with AR. Specifically, having a manipulator that is tracked within the game world, and a viewpoint that can be easily and naturally moved get over the first couple hurdles to a good UX on mobile.

If you haven't already thought about it, consider doing some prototyping. It looks like Unity has initial support for it.

Videos of ARKit in action are easy enough to find, but here are a couple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o7qr1NpeNI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMEWp45WAUg

There's so many hurdles to overcome, especially for a team of 2 devs. Plus right now there won't be that many phones out there that can support it. I wouldn't expect (or want) this to be made for a few years at least