Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Figurine Feedback

RPG Figurine Feedback

As the title says!

RPG Figurine Feedback

The figurines themselves aren't bad. They look nice and for some reason seem to have an appropriate 'weight' on the table. A full set of these would be nice. I can only make mine animate when holding one, which seems a bit strange.

While the figurines are nice, they're still just a troll, orc, and bear. Even if crafting figurines was your full focus at the moment, it will take a while before enough units are available for a campaign. That being said, RPG aiding features (as discussed in other threads: JPG loading 'rulebooks', editable personal and sharable notepads for character sheet/hidden notes, editable token metadata) or custom content seems more valuable. The goal is to make the tabletop as 'simulator' as possible, but because there are several things that simply can't be emulated in this program (detailed movement, pencil and paper, etc) then something has to compensate.

I hope that doesn't seem like dumb feedback. I'm liking what you're doing so far, and I'm eager to see more no matter what path you decide to take.

RPG Figurine Feedback

Thanks for the feedback!

Both sides are being worked on, new features and additional assets. Artists don't add new features :P. There will be about 30 monster figurines when it is all said and done.

RPG Figurine Feedback

It didn't really occur to me that one of you was the programming side and the other the art side.
    Judging just the tokens, then, I must say they're very nice. Even up close they look good. From maximum distance you can still easily tell which token it is and the orientation. I also understand now why the only seem to animate when picked up, as I didn't notice the idle animations before and they make 'moving' animations when we move them (IE pick them up). From an upward angle, this is a very nice effect.

RPG Figurine Feedback

I think they look great!

I was actually a bit surprised that they are animated, I didn't expect that

The only thing I can say is with the animation, when it loops it stops immediately and reverses direction. Would be nice if it slowed down before it reverses to feel more natural.

RPG Figurine Feedback

I have to agree with Emperor in that I was a bit surprised (in a good way) to see animated ones, being able to freeze one or all of the animations though would be a nice command to have though, for instances were we are playing and something like this happens "The black mage shoots an ice bolt at the orc roll 1d6 to see if you froze him, *success orc is frozen*" and then the orc is just moving back and forth singing "cant touch this"

RPG Figurine Feedback

Is there a button we can press to make them do a fight animation? Nothing complicated like interacting with each other, just like swing the axe or sword, slash with claws at the open air in front of them etc?

RPG Figurine Feedback

Absolutely in love, and going the extra mile to implement an animation featureset (and even a VARIABLE animation set, difference between walking and running) is just amazing. There are some minor collision/clipping issues with movements outside the range of the base, but it's completely acceptable as is. I would have to agree with Zatzai above that the only thing to make this perfect would be the ability to trigger different animations on key presses. I realize you've said in other threads tht you're already worried about the glut of hotkeys already present, but I think as time goes on you should consider allowing remappable hotkeys, whether through an in-game gui or through a .ini or .cfg file, though obviously that represents a significant time investment. Something perhaps left for after the main release, and focusing now on the most common command inputs and having a simple subset of default mappings is probably the best course in the short term (and you've honestly addressed most outside of the more niche ones).

Even more I would love to see what someone would come up with tasked with creating a set of animated chess pieces.

EDIT: something akin to this maybe

RPG Figurine Feedback

You can remap hotkeys currently in the launcher

I was thinking about using the number keys for different animations. It would work by hovering or holding the object and pressing a number key. We also have attack animations

RPG Figurine Feedback

Knil said

You can remap hotkeys currently in the launcher

I was thinking about using the number keys for different animations. It would work by hovering or holding the object and pressing a number key. We also have attack animations

next thing you show off should be some gifs of the different animations, maybe even add some flair to make them look like they are fighting, would be some hype behind that. really happy to hear about animation states.

RPG Figurine Feedback

Might be a bug, maybe it was intentional, but with the new 0.8 beta, all of the RPG models can go into "dead" mode by pressing 3 when holding them except for....

the Golem figure. Pressing three, he throws up his hands, but refuses to die. I wouldn't mind having that feature installed onto my figure

RPG Figurine Feedback

Chris_Walker said

Might be a bug, maybe it was intentional, but with the new 0.8 beta, all of the RPG models can go into "dead" mode by pressing 3 when holding them except for....
    the Golem figure. Pressing three, he throws up his hands, but refuses to die.

I thought he was dead, there are two was of looking at golems
    1. that the rocks are separate and the life of a golem or magic is what is holding it together so when it dies the golem falls apart
    2. that the golem was molded into one peice and then animated by magic and when it dies it just becomes lifeless

I was thinking it was just the second.

RPG Figurine Feedback

jay_rab said

Chris_Walker said

1. that the rocks are separate and the life of a golem or magic is what is holding it together so when it dies the golem falls apart
    2. that the golem was molded into one peice and then animated by magic and when it dies it just becomes lifeless

Really? If so, then he should turn into a pile or rocks to remove all doubt, otherwise, if it seems to me like a oversight, it'll probably seem that way to others too.

RPG Figurine Feedback

Chris_Walker said

jay_rab said

Chris_Walker said

Really? If so, then he should turn into a pile or rocks to remove all doubt, otherwise, if it seems to me like a oversight, it'll probably seem that way to others too.

that seems like alot of work to just make sure he is lifeless lol, if anything just make him fall back.

RPG Figurine Feedback

I have to say that all the pieces look beautiful. My only concern is that after you stop at 30 (I forgot what number you quoted) I don't know what your talented artist will be working on. You've already made the art for all the gamemodes, and to my knowledge aren't adding anymore.

RPG Figurine Feedback

QQuixotic said

I have to say that all the pieces look beautiful. My only concern is that after you stop at 30 (I forgot what number you quoted) I don't know what your talented artist will be working on. You've already made the art for all the game-modes, and to my knowledge aren't adding anymore.

Perhaps he could offer to commission more in add-on packs? Or at least post the rates at which he is willing to produce additional figures/objects/elements for?

RPG Figurine Feedback

Chris_Walker said

jay_rab said

Chris_Walker said

It's very subtle, but the golem does completely stop moving after it "dies." I'd agree though, the death animation should maybe be a bit more dramatic, as it is somewhat hard to tell at a glance if it's alive or not currently.

RPG Figurine Feedback

The RPG pieces look great. Animation was a happy surprise. As said, golem "death" is bugged, or simply does not appear as if it's dead.

My only concern is that they are perhaps TOO detailed. They'll often be seen from far away. And even zoomed in, they still appear in very high quality. Not a bad thing, and existing diversity is significant enough not to pose any problems with identification, but keep in mind as you add more that it should be easy to tell what each pieces is while looking at the whole board, even if they're right next to other similar pieces looking pieces.

Looking forward to more!

RPG Figurine Feedback

I've noticed the mummy seems to lack any sort of animation difference between it's 'alert' mode and 'calm' mode. The walking and attacking animations change, but there's no indication of what mode it's in when it's just standing there.

Also in v0.9, none of the figures do their damaged animation anymore.

RPG Figurine Feedback

Chris_Walker said

QQuixotic said

I have to say that all the pieces look beautiful. My only concern is that after you stop at 30 (I forgot what number you quoted) I don't know what your talented artist will be working on. You've already made the art for all the game-modes, and to my knowledge aren't adding anymore.

Perhaps he could offer to commission more in add-on packs? Or at least post the rates at which he is willing to produce additional figures/objects/elements for?

I'd chip in to get more models, for everyone, if this was the case

RPG Figurine Feedback

One thing I'd like, now that the RPG tile set is added, is to be able to scale the models down. As it is right now, only one piece (the ghoul) is small enough to fit on a single square, and even then it's slightly over the edges (like you couldn't find 4 on a single 2 by 2 tile).

RPG Figurine Feedback

Karmond said

One thing I'd like, now that the RPG tile set is added, is to be able to scale the models down. As it is right now, only one piece (the ghoul) is small enough to fit on a single square, and even then it's slightly over the edges (like you couldn't find 4 on a single 2 by 2 tile).

Yup! I've always thought the RPG models were too big. But since I never use TTS for role playing I didn't see any purpose in giving my input.

Anyhow, a possible solution would be to simply make a 'Miniatures' sub-category under the Spawn Objects > RPG... menu tree. Same exact figurines, only half the size (or two thirds or whatever).

RPG Figurine Feedback

Djemps said
    Anyhow, a possible solution would be to simply make a 'Miniatures' sub-category under the Spawn Objects > RPG... menu tree. Same exact figurines, only half the size (or two thirds or whatever).

Sadly I think this is something that is going to be low priority due to the future model importing + workshop would make this rather easy to get the right size pieces. What we are missing out on though with the small pieces is the detail, if we actually make the the proper size then we lose all that detail viewing the table from a non-zoomed mode.

The current size of the rpg figurines is actually prefect as far as detail goes I actually feel that this is an issue of table size being too small along with the tile pieces being to small rather then the other way around as it would just look better by increasing the tiles then it would to shrink the figures from a visual side of things.

Which if this is an issue of table or tile size those are things which we havent been promised to be able to make in the workshop so this could potentially be something we as users would never be able to resolve on our own.

RPG Figurine Feedback

It's all relative object size to table size. The larger the table the smaller the objects are because you must zoom out more to see the table. The effect of shrinking objects or making the table larger will accomplish the same effect. It's a challenging balancing act, but that's why we have different tables. I'm probably going to be adding one more extra large square table (bigger than the current rectangle table, anything bigger than that will most likely be extremely annoying with constantly zooming).

If anyone can find a cool design for the extra large square table you might see it in game

RPG Figurine Feedback

What would be awesome is reducing the size of the bases so one tile creatures always fit on one tile.
    I want to avoid this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248855537

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast